• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? 72wPelt and Swiftech MC462-A ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peppy

Here is the pelt I plan on getting: http://bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=476&CategoryID=18&Keyword=

And here is the heatsink i plan on getting:
http://bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=449&CategoryID=6&Keyword=

My question is Will this work?

So I put the pelt between the cpu and the heatsink right? is that it? well i have 2X psu and another if neccisary.
I also have Great Great case air flow. 2X 120mm 3X 80mm, 1X92mm fan.

what I am trying to do is keep my cpu really cold not the 40c it is when folding more like 20c.

Would it work with the Heatsink i have now?

Last edited:
On an Athlon, I'd probably get a higher wattage pelt. You'll also have to seal around the socket, etc. to prevent condensation.

like an 80 watt pelt? and where can i find out how to "seal around" the socket

thanks, so with an 80 watt pelt and that heatsink, and everything seled, everything will be jim dandy?

You can cool an Athlon XP with a pelt fairly easilly, The XP processors are not as hot as the older Athlons. An 80 Watter is the absolute minimum I would put on it though. Remember, peltiers are rated for about 15-18 volts, so at 12 volts, they will be lower than 80 watts.

Peltier Size
You could probably cool a 120 Watt pelt with the Swifty, and the Delta 68. This would give you much better temps. I've never seen a pelt that large air-cooled before, but I've done the calculations on it, and it seems like it would not be too difficult to make it work.

Power
If you hook your PSUs in parallel, you should have no problem powering an 80 or 120 watt pelt.

You want a coldplate
You will also want to order a copper cold plate that will be placed in between the peltier and your processor. This ensures even and complete heat transfer.

Back