• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 to VGA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crowgasm

Registered
The one method I can think of unfortunately involves a hodge-podge of connectors. HDMI - DVI converter connected to a DVI - VGA converter.

I don't believe HDMI carries an analog signal like DVI-I (analog and digital), so there would need to be some sort of signal conversion between HDMI and VGA, not just adapters.

I don't believe HDMI carries an analog signal like DVI-I (analog and digital), so there would need to be some sort of signal conversion between HDMI and VGA, not just adapters.

Exactly, some variants of DVI carry analog but not all of them and HDMI doesn't at all, so you would need an active converter to do something like that and the results may not be that great either. I remember connecting an Xbox 360 to an LCD monitor via DVI (I know... not VGA but it still indicates there could be a problem) and it had a few issues but the most annoying one was that the colors were really washed out.

Back