• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

670 vs 7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With both at stock power draw is similar and the 670 is the faster card in all games, with both overclocked the 7950 has higher power draw, but they tend to have more similar performance with the 670 winning out in games like batman and the 7950 in games like metro 2033. Unless you a) dont like nvidia, or b) get a better price on the 7950, there is no compelling reason to get a 7950 over a 670. Edit: that is for gaming. If you bitcoin mine the amd card is a no brainer, other computing programs will go either way.

the reference 670 is 40$ more then the tf3 and im worried that the 256-bit bus will get in the way later down the road

Well, the tfiii cooler is pretty good, and should allow you to overclock while keeping noise down. Only you can decide if the better cooler and lower price on the 7950 make it worth it over the 670. FWIW, i love my 7950, but i also paid a bit less than 400$ for the card and its full cover waterblock combined, so the value was heavily in favor of the amd card for me.

ya im getting the 7950 if it was the gigabyte windforce card or the msi power edition at that price i would jump on the 670

I just bought 2 GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670's after having to RMA the new Sapphire 7950 I had just bought. Not very happy with AMD at the moment.

poor you hopefully my 7950 will work well when it arrives

When the card worked, it was awesome. The graphics where SO much smoother than my 6850 crossfire. But, it only lasted 3 days till it started crashing while playing bf3. I thought it was server lag till I switched to multiple severs and still the same prob. So i ran furmark, and within a min it would crash. And i didn't even start overclocking it yet. Bad card, it happens, but for 410$ it shouldn't.

i refuse to pay 400 for a video card got mine on sale about 350 with tax and shipping included

That's not a bad price at all. This is the first time for me spending this much money on video cards. The 2 670's I just bought are 399$ a piece with no tax....thank u newegg. I am just hoping they do well in surround with the 2gigs. I was running the 7950 on high in bf3 with 30-50fps. Playable, but that's why i wanted the second card. I'm also saving up for new cpu and motherboard.

nice the gigabyte 670 windforce hear good things about them

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423 The 2 670's I went with. Also Gigabyte built this 670 on a 680 pcb, so when i go to water here in the next couple of weeks, I will not have to wait around for a 670 short block. But if i do not water cool them, the 3 fans should do a good job.

Nice choice picking the 670 Windforce. I was having trouble deciding between the windforce, Asus Direct CUII Top, and the MSI 670 power edition Twin Frozr IV. I went with the msi simply because i can only afford one of these beasts at the moment and the core clock is at 1019mhz, has an awesome cooler, and has the best design in my opinion. Plus the asus is just really hard to get. Today it was only available for like 20 minutes in newegg :D

This is the one i got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685

Triple overvoltage will also add better overclocking capabilities once the new afterburner version comes out

Back