• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of upgrading my gtx 550ti sli setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

auditruth

Registered
Well i am running 2 gtx 550 ti 1gb cards at the moment. Due to lack of funds during my build i decided to go with the 550,s in sli.

Now i am thinking of going with a single card with 4gb vram. Or possably 2 gtx 570 2.5 gb in sli. What do you guys think i should go with for best price and performance overall. Looking to be in the $600 range.

If I were in your shoes to make a $600 gpu upgrade I would go with a single GTX 680 4gb and forget about a sli setup for now until you actually need to go sli in the future.

I could do 2 560,s and outdo a 680. Not to happy with the results from the 680 from what i have seen but it is in the back of my head.

I could do 2 560,s and outdo a 680. Not to happy with the results from the 680 from what i have seen but it is in the back of my head. Have been looking at the gtx 670 ftw cant beat it for the price.

Two GTX 560s in SLI won't come close to a GTX 680 or 670. As for the EVGA 670 FTW, it's a great card. Stays nice and cool even under an overclock with it being on the 680 board.

I am running two 560ti's and from my own experience don't do it, go with a single card solution like the 670/680 4gb. While I can play BF3 on high with 90+fps @ 1920x1200 with 990mb of vram being used when I go to ultra setting the vram limits me. I use 1011mb of vram and the core usage is at 99% with dips as low as 25fps because of the buffering issue with low vram.

Two GTX 560s in SLI won't come close to a GTX 680 or 670. As for the EVGA 670 FTW, it's a great card. Stays nice and cool even under an overclock with it being on the 680 board.

I have to agree with the above. I'd also suggest the 670 due to the fact anything more ultimately is pissing money away. It's like this... the 680 is usually $100 more and eventually its coming down in price so think of money as **** and well nobody likes to get pissed on. Just snag a 670 for now and save that $$$ buy your g/f or mother somethin nice or just keep it for the next upgrade. I dont care if its a 5fps difference someones always out there thats better than you. But honestly if your best friend has sli 560's just take the gloves off save and buy a 690.

Back