• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I plan building a gaming computer but i'm on a low budget. Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thewalrus

Registered
So far I have selected these parts
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cERl
I'm not sure if this computer will preform smoothly for gaming. What are your opinions? Or would you happen to have some recommendations on what parts I should be buying. My budget is $650, Thank you in advance.:)

How low is low?

You can get a better processor for that price. See here.

And I'd get a better motherboard. One with Z77 northbridge if possible. Maybe this.

First of all, we need a budget! Looks like your around the $600 range? Whats your exact budget though? We can improve that build a lot and get you what you need!

Second was already covered by KnuFire, do you live by a Microcenter?

First of all, we need a budget! Looks like your around the $600 range? Whats your exact budget though? We can improve that build a lot and get you what you need!

Second was already covered by KnuFire, do you live by a Microcenter?
Yes I do live near a micro center, $650 is the exact budget :). I know its not a lot of room, But it can go over a little bit.

I did a build today for a few friends who had the same budget, if you can extend your budget you can get an amazing computer:

HBFqK.png

This is what i'd go with, Im not sure how to make a build that cheap :<

If it is to much take off one of the GPU.

Back