• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux WU Caching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mithian

Registered
Is there a console program for the Linux command line client, that will cache WU's?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just would really like to make sure that all of my boxes are crunching and not wasting cycles. :D

Mithian

I did not find one when I was looking but that was several months ago. I use SETIQueue on one of my Win98 machines on my home LAN and just point my Linux machines to it as the proxy.

Cy

Thanks, guess I'll have to give it a try. :)

Must.. not... waste... cycles....

Most of the Linux caching progs are scripts. Multiseti is a good one. You can find it in the links section of the S@H site.

Just for future reference I tested out a whole bunch and finally found one I really liked. setibatch. It works nice, its just a little bash script, with a few command line options, easy setup, lets you see how far each workunit is along, all in all, very nice.

Mithian

PS - Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanx for relaying the info!

It will be most usefull for my next project!

Hehehehehe! Bewhahaha!

Back