• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k 4.5ghz-4.8ghz settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Ok all, My build is in my signature, and I would like to get a 4.5-4.8ghz OC. Im just not sure what Voltage I should use or whats the voltage threshold of the 2600k. Right now I'm hitting like 50c under load, so I know I got room, if I hit 65c under full load I'm fine with that, as I know the SB can handle 95c.

My current settings are
Vdrop-1= no vdrop
1.2v cpu
42 cpu multiplier
1.55v mem
1600 frq
I'd like to hit cpu multi 45-48 to get 4/5ghz -4.8ghz

HT is on, and like to leave it on. Anyone have the mobo/cpu combo i got what are your settings at

The amount of voltage needed is going to be dependent on your exact chip. I would set your vcore to 1.35v and see what type of temps you get as your up the multi one or two at a time. If you start noticing some instability turn on CPU PLL Overvoltage and it should help you get above what seems to be a brick wall of a multi at a low-end (mid-upper 40s). A quick note about CPUPLLOV is that it will cause issues trying to wake up from sleep mode if enabled.

You are good to go up to 1.4-1.45 (I wouldn't go much past 1.45v, with my 2600k I stopped at 1.4v) as long as your temperatures are in check.

I don't see what cooling you are using though.

Hey there
I was useing a Element G case and a TT Frio cooler, I've moved everything into a HAF X case and a H0100 cooler. I'll be trying some more OC now.

I would guess you need around 1.385v for 4,8Ghz. Setting it to 1.4v would give you a solid chance in finding out if you can run 48 or even 49x at that voltage.

Since you're at 4,2Ghz I would suggest to go for 4,5Ghz and set a vcore of 1.300.
After testing with prime95 you will find if it's stable or not, and your temps wont go extremely high either. Going straight for 4,8 or even more could give you unexpected temps over 90°C, which isn't a real problem but still a bummer.
Just take it 1 or 2 multipliers at a time. Required voltages for 46x and up will be between 1.3 and 1.4 or even more.

Back