• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really concerned about my temps when overclocking a tiny amount

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kez21

hey i currently have a amd 960t and i need to overclock it as im getting low fps in very cpu dependent games however im concerned about the temps i am getting on small overclocks

here is a picture with the max temps i reicieved at full load

if you need any more info just ask

Those temps are high, but not dangerously high. What vcore are you putting into the CPU to overclock it ? Post a screen of cpuz main tab as it will be easier

Those temps are high, but not dangerously high. What vcore are you putting into the CPU to overclock it ? Post a screen of cpuz main tab as it will be easier

His pic shows Max Vcore of 1.33V.

EDIT:
Temps are high if he is only using 1.33Max Vcore.
END EDIT.

His pic shows Max Vcore of 1.33V.

EDIT:
Temps are high if he is only using 1.33Max Vcore.
END EDIT.

Why did I not look at that !!!!

Yeah you could do with upgrading you're cooling as those are high temps for such a low vcore, also you're 960T is a BE with unlocked multiplier so you don't need to use the fsb/ht ref clock to overclock , just bump up the CPU multiplier :thup:

Why did I not look at that !!!!

Yeah you could do with upgrading you're cooling as those are high temps for such a low vcore, also you're 960T is a BE with unlocked multiplier so you don't need to use the fsb/ht ref clock to overclock , just bump up the CPU multiplier :thup:

can you reccomend a good cheap cooler?

Tried and tested is the coolermaster hyper 212, it's cheap and does a reasonable job at cooling

if he is only running 3.1 he should be able to lower the vcore to about 1.3 and cool it some.

Back