• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock i5 3570k on p8z68 deluxe/gen3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prodigy92

Hi,

I've a i5 3570k cpu with a asus p8z68 deluxe/.gen3 motherboard.

i'm trying to overclock. but i can't increase my cpu ratio.

I've updated my bios.
turn of all power saving options
turn of cpu c1e, c3 and c6

and set my cpu voltage to 1.2
and cpu PPL to 1.8

even what i'm trying i can't get my cpu ratio higher then 34 :(

Please help

Can you elaborate on that? There should be a CPU RATIO item in the bios you would need to switch to MANUAL which should allow you to change the multiplier. You are on the NEWEST bios right?

EDIT: I remember hearing that some older boards would not overclock IB, but not sure if that Asus is one of them though.

Can you elaborate on that? There should be a CPU RATIO item in the bios you would need to switch to MANUAL which should allow you to change the multiplier. You are on the NEWEST bios right?

EDIT: I remember hearing that some older boards would not overclock IB, but not sure if that Asus is one of them though.

I've got my Ai Overclock Tuner set to manual and my BCLK Frequentcy is 100.0
after that I can adjust my CPU ratio within a ratio range of 16-34.
I can't set it above 34. not with +/- or typing it in. it still keeps turning back to 34.

I hope you've got enough information. I'm kinda new here :D

I dont think that board will push past that multi.. Again some Z68 boards will accept IB, but not overclocking them.

Back