• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finishing current wu and stopping in Linux fahv6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billcox0625

Registered
I put in the flags -pause and -oneunit and restarted the client. Will this stop the client and not download anymore wu's?

I've never actually used the -pause flag :shrug:

As for the other:

-oneunit

Instructs the client to exit following the completion of one work unit. The client will attempt 3 uploads before exiting. This is recommended when planning to shut down a machine for a few days (e.g. for a vacation), or are planning to un/re-install F@h after finishing the current work unit.

Note: If the client is started again with this switch, the client will download new work, finish, upload, and quit again.

I think pause is the same except it doesn't instruct the client to exit.......

Thanks. I put both flags in on one machine that was about to finish. Not sure which one did it (I think the -oneunit) but it finished the current wu and did not download another and stopped running.

It also told me to have a nice day which I thought was nice. :D

Thanks.

I did this to two more I am shutting down and noticed it doubled the TPF. So it will now be 12 hours instead of six before I can take them down. Can't figure out why that would happen.

Did they resume from the last check point as they're supposed to ???

Are they still working on the same work units ??

:shrug: IDK.....Maybe post up some of your log so we can see whats up...

I believe it to be the -pause flag. I removed the flag and used only the -oneunit and it is back to normal on the TPF but it reset the wu back to 0 and did not go back to the last checkpoint. Not sure what I did wrong there but it was almost 97% complete.

Is there anyway to get it back to that checkpoint?

Kind of new to this (folding that is), what would I need to post to show the log? It is on a linux machine running Ubuntu 10.10 and fah6

I don't think there is now that the client has dl'ed a new wu.......Others may have some input on the matter though.

You should be able to just copy & paste from the terminal window.

Actually it is the exact same wu, it appears to have just restarted itself.

Oh well, I learned something. I will let these two finish and then take them down. It will probably be tomorrow now instead of today.

They must have got corrupted on shutdown........The fah servers are coded to re-issue the same wu........(Prevents donor wu dumping)

It's been my experience that v6 is pretty damn stable though :shrug: In the future just make sure your clients aren't in the middle of a backup before shutting down.

No problem. These are the last two I am shutting down for a while. Thanks for your help.:salute:

Back