• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck on splash bootup screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabb

Registered
So my new system build hasn't encountered any major problems ( everything set at stock temps fine ) until yesterday. When I booted up my system I saw the typical white Gigabyte Z77X U3DH with just one big difference, it never got past this screen and just stayed stuck indefinitely on that screen and didn't load the OS. The error code on the motherboard was A2 which means: "IDE detect" according to the manual. This has only happened once and when I rebooted it a few times everything seemed fine. Should I be worried? What would cause this to hang?

Computer specs below:
i7 3770k @ stock 3.5, Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD3H
Samsung 830 SSD 256gb and WD Black HD 1Tb, CoolerMaster HAF-X Case
Corsair HX 750 watt PSU, EVGA GTX 670 with 1.25 gig video memory @ stock settings, 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor

i would clear your cmos and try to reboot,ive only had this problem once myself and turned out to be my ram.

clear cmos, go back into Bios and set all your settings It could be mem, or mem timing related. I have also had a HDD go bad, and it was causing the sysem to hang, took me a while to figure out it was a HDD, luckly it was only a 180gig HDD. So I wasnt worried about it.
Clear Cmos, set your mem timings, run mem test and see if that fixes it, Also ya may want to set your cpu volt, hate stock settings for cpu volt,

Back