• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Z87X-OC - Extremely long windows splash screen - Code A0 ( IDE startup ).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Hi guyz

I just put together my new haswell rig and i have an issue with an extremly long "windows starting splash screen" ( the black one with the logo ). The board stay on the code A0 for about 4 or 5 minutes before booting into windows normally. Everything is working perfectly, my SSD's are in AHCI mode and into windows i can stress test everything including the SSD and nothing is failing. Even the 2 SSD's report correct alignment and speed.

Into the bios, i can lock the Boot and Device state into Legacy or UEFI, or into "both mode" while asking for legacy or UEFI first. I try many configuration of these settings and nothing changed, i still get a very long splash screen. The ONLY way i get a correct boot is when i reset CMos. As soon as i change a single setting like only adjust my memory to spec, BAM i get this very long A0 code on splash screen.

I posted on the Gigabyte FR forum ( im french from quebec/canada ) but there are like 5 active user on the forum .... i dont even know if there are real gigabyte staff visiting this forum.

I Hope you guyz have an answer for me. I will fill a gigabyte support ticket if i dont get it sorted fast. Hope they can fix it if it's a bios issue.

Spec
Windows 7 x64 pro ( legit )
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
I7 4770k + PH-TC14PE
2x8gb ballistix 1600mhz CAS 8
Zotac GTX 780
Corsair HX750
2x Agility 4 256gb
LG sata cd/dvd
Tecnofront HWD BenchTable
3x **** VE278Q 5760x1080

The only new parts ( "not know good" ) are the motherboard/CPU/Memory. ALL other parts are "know good" on my last X79 setup.

The memory passed 2 memtest pass. Once i'm booted into windows, i can stresstest the CPU/Ram/board with usual prog and nothing fail, CPU temp in the mid 60s at 4.3ghz, currently back to stock speed ( cleared Cmos ), only my Memory is manualed.

I even unplugged the DVD/CD, only had my 2 SSD's at boot and had same issue.

No all fresh install. Both SSD cleaned and reconfirmed to be well aligned after install with AS SSD. ( confirmed speed numbers too ).

If it has a dual bios, have you tried the other? Try reflashing anyway? ANd try posting in the non French Giga forums where there is activity...?

If it has a dual bios, have you tried the other? Try reflashing anyway? ANd try posting in the non French Giga forums where there is activity...?

I think this will be my next try before filling a ticket at gigabyte.com.

At last, once i'm into windows everything is 100% normal. It's just anoying to have a ~5min boot on an all SSD rig with high end gears ;)

There is an application, I forget what it is called, but it shows all the things that are happening in the boot process and their times. That would be helpful if I could figure out the name, LOL.

Weirdly enough, after updating windows 7 to SP1 it seems to be corrected.

Also, finally found that i had bios F3 and they have F4 out. I flashed to F4 after all.

No, it booted correctly a few times after SP1 update ...

I flashed to F4 right after all the update reboot was done.

Yeah, expect some bugs here and there until the troubleshooting with the Bios is finished. Glad to see you got it worked out.

Thanks for the support guyz ! ill put an eye on this !!!!!

Currently running AIDA at 4.5ghz with 1.305vcore. Was crashing below this in under 1 or 2 minutes. IM now on my 5th minutes of stress test. Temp remain in the high 60s, mid 70s. some quick peak at 85-90 No throtling yet.

Throttling will start at about 100*C package temp or when you set too high voltage. For some reason my cpu isn't working above 1.65V no matter what temps. 5GHz on ss cooling looks pretty sad.

Throttling will start at about 100*C package temp or when you set too high voltage. For some reason my cpu isn't working above 1.65V no matter what temps. 5GHz on ss cooling looks pretty sad.

Sad :(

Back