• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Owner of Folder but cant Delete

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Just other day I had a virus on computer, So rather deal with it I did reformat.

Today I notice a folder on my 1TB USB External Drive. Had a Locked padlock on it. Couldnt delete it as it said i needed Systems permission. So i changed folders Ownership to My account. Nothing would work unless i went to each and every file one by one inside folder to delete.

Once folder was empty it allowed me to delete it. I searched and it showing its related NET framework 4.0. If thats the case WHY is it on my External drive and not my main drive somewhere in systems. It was labeled temp.

Any Ideas why this popped up on external Drive! I did full scan on the Drive with MSE and Malewarebytes, both came clean

nb2fwl.png.jpg

hmm might be able to right click on the drive and go to property's and do a disk cleanup and make sure you click off the "temp" files.

I've had that exact same problem a couple of times on my old XP system...had to delete files and then I could delete folder. I never did find a cure for it though.

Back