• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fgf80

A friend got a new laptop, and wants me to reinstall windows to eliminate the bloatware. I did that, but it turns out EVERYTHING is proprietary.

I realized that the wireless drivers were proprietary, so I downloaded speccy onto a USB and went to install it. The USB drivers are proprietary. No problem; ethernet. Also proprietary. I know I can remove the hard drive and manually copy files onto it, independent of the native OS and hardware, but is there anything simpler I could do?

I can say that it is an HP Pavilion dv6 series

Windows Update has many of them built in, and what isn't there should be on HPs website (drivers without bloatware).

Windows Update has many of them built in, and what isn't there should be on HPs website (drivers without bloatware).

I waited for windows update, and it gave me nothing. It didn't even start.

I take it that means I have to remove the HDD and do it manually?

Ah, it's not inscribed somewhere on the laptop?

He has a habit of using the space under the keyboard to the right of the trackpad as a mousepad. The label was gone within an hour.

By the way: seem to have an issue. It isn't a driver problem; it's just that only one USB port seems to work. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
HP Pavilion dv6-6c48us

I have installed Ethernet, and it is only a matter of time before I get WLAN up and running.

Last edited:
Back