• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amddork

Registered
I always hear about max temps and stuff, like TJ and TCase, but I still not sure on whether these are for CPU temp or core temp. Anyways this is what I've got so far for about an hour on small ffts, tomorrow I will go for a longer run, just a bit tired right now. Thanks in advance.

oc45.jpg

amddork,:welcome: To the OC forums: Yes that looks OK to me, but i would add a Temps monitor to your set up there. A really good one to have is REAL TEMP GT 3.70 that will monitor your Temps on all the CPU Cores. The only other thing is try to keep your temps as low as possible below 85c is about the right guide on here. Please come back to us if you need further help.:thup:

1, Here is the link for your Temp Monitor http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

Last edited:
CPU Temp = Tcase (Temperature Case; measured by a thermal diode located within the CPU die between the cores), and Core 0-4 = Tjunction (Thermal Junction; core temp's measured by digital thermal sensors located within each core).

+1 redduc, thank you, the info goes along ways. Anyways ran Prime95 all day system still stable at 4.5ghz @ 1.2v. temps are down after I realized that I had put my fans backwards on my cooler, had them pulling from the inside of the case.

+1 AJay, thank you for welcoming me, I have only broke 80c once and shut it down immediately. I just need to figure out why this CPU will run 4.9ghz with moderate voltage (Won't prime, but it will operate.), but as soon as you turn the 5.0ghz it freaks out.

A OC @ 4.5GHZ is about the right with the set up you have taking it further will only limit the life of your CPU Chip overall. It has been said many TIMES on here with a higher OC you can only tell the Differrence if you was Benchtesting your PC. THE overall limit is your Temps and having a stable system to you use day in day out. Best of luck.

Yeah I'm pleased with the results, though there is always that lil devil on your shoulder telling you to push it further, to see what you can get. Which is what I am planning on doing with my the setup I just replaced. I could give it to a new home, but why not play lol.

Back