• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer giving off alot of radio interference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

I jsut recently noticed that my computer gives off alot of radio interference to my TV. Whenever i have my computer on, my TV is somewhat staticy in video. soon as the computer turns off it goes away completly. there not connected in any way. TV is about 3 feet away from the tower. turning on or off my case fans doesnt change. Our cable and internet is Verision FiOS so my TV uses a wireless cable box sort of thing they provide. the wireless cable box is on the other sideof the TV which is like 8 feet away. My computer doesnt have wirless, its wired ethernet. anything i can do to stop this? its been an issue for a lnog time and i thought the cable for the TV was bad. i almost always have my computer on if my tv is on, it was a rare occasion that i turned my comp off and then i noticedit was clear.

hmm thats weird! try disconnecting the ethernet, perhaps its pulling too much from the fios (which could be messed up) and causing it to dirty the signal, id call verison and have them send out a tech.

tried unplugging ethernet didnt help. i cant make the cable box wired. this is how FiOS is doing the TVs for our house. somereason they cant use out existing cable plugs and had to go wireless. they all connect to the router like a wireless computer.

try plugging the pc into a different outlet?
cover it in a lead blanket? :p

house was built only a few years ago. i mooved the cably box to a different spot. it got rid of 90% of it. still there but not as big of a deal anymore

Back