• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

allscorpion

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm getting BSOD on my computer atm and its 3 years old. So I think its time to buy a new one and I want to buy it from ebuyer and here is the list I have created.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/84281

Firstly could you please help me in telling me whether you think its a decent enough build and if everything is compatible, I have checked this myself but I couldnt find the exact RAM so i'm not 100% sure that it fits but if someone who knows can check it for me it would help a lot.

Also I only want to spend ~£500 so bare that in mind when you look at my computer :).

You came to the wrong place to have us look at OEM machines, LOL! We will be the first to tell you to build it yourself for less...its EASY.

Some things I see....

1. You dont need 213Mhz ram, grab some DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 or less and you will be fine.
2. The sabertooth type of board isnt needed. Its overpriced. You can go with this for a bit less: http://www.ebuyer.com/271789-gigaby...-4xusb3-0-dolby-atx-motherboard-ga-990fxa-ud3
3. Perhaps add that money saved for a better GPU, assuming you game.

You came to the wrong place to have us look at OEM machines, LOL! We will be the first to tell you to build it yourself for less...its EASY.

Some things I see....

1. You dont need 213Mhz ram, grab some DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 or less and you will be fine.
2. The sabertooth type of board isnt needed. Its overpriced. You can go with this for a bit less: http://www.ebuyer.com/271789-gigaby...-4xusb3-0-dolby-atx-motherboard-ga-990fxa-ud3
3. Perhaps add that money saved for a better GPU, assuming you game.

Hi, thanks for giving me feedback so fast. It's helping me a lot and I just wanted to say that i'm going to be using it for gaming and building it myself. Just wanted to know your feedback on my GPU and CPU.

That GPU is a budget GPU. It will work ok if you game at less than 1920x1080 and can use less than the highest settings.

CPU is fine for your budget.

GPU is still the same, but that is the board that is cheaper, yes. If you can afford a 7850, I would get that over the 7770 unless you are on a low resolution...

It will be OK... not good, not bad, just ok at that res. You will still likely have to turn some things down.. see new edit in above post...

It will be OK... not good, not bad, just ok at that res. You will still likely have to turn some things down.. see new edit in above post...

That graphics card is definitely a lot better, do you think it will be fine on the PSU?

Not sure you will be able to fit within the budget, but look for a 3570K (or 3570 if you dont plan on overclocking) and a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4.

Not sure you will be able to fit within the budget, but look for a 3570K (or 3570 if you dont plan on overclocking) and a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4.

Okay I just added those two parts, im not going to be overlclocking so I went for the 3570. Just please go over the list again and see if anything else needs updrading etc, but I dont want to be spending anymore money.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/84281

Thanks so much for you help btw, it has helped me so much.

Well, its very cheap. I'll say that much.
Indeed. It has less power phases compared to the Extreme4, and only a 4x PCIe slot in case he wants to go crossfireX (will hold things back a bit). Since he isnt overclocking, and didnt mention multi GPU need, seems like a good fit. Google turned up positive results (for those that dont try to overclock, LOL!) FWIW. ;)

Indeed. It has less power phases compared to the Extreme4, and only a 4x PCIe slot in case he wants to go crossfireX (will hold things back a bit). Since he isnt overclocking, and didnt mention multi GPU need, seems like a good fit. Google turned up positive results (for those that dont try to overclock, LOL!) FWIW. ;)

Do you recommend that I uprade my hard drive and cd/dvd drive because atm I was thinking of using my old ones which are:

Hard drive - STM35004 18AS SCSI Disk Drive DVD/CD - Optiarc DVD AD-524OS SCSI CdRom Device

Please give me more advice :D

I dont even know what those are.. googling doesnt bring up anything... CD/DVD is up to you.. if it works, it works. HDD's have come a ways, but even a Raptor isnt remotely close to an SSD in terms of performance.

Back