• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cannot describe, can you see what this is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

sorry, i have no words to describe this.... what does this mean?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-31-14-23-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-14-23-40.png
    338 KB · Views: 146
LOL, that is called artifacting. Usually caused by your GPU overheating or not liking an overclock or a driver.

Please create a signature with system specs please....

LOL, that is called artifacting. Usually caused by your GPU overheating or not liking an overclock or a driver.

Please create a signature with system specs please....

cpu: i7-3820

gpu: asus gtx 680 direct cu ii TOP

motherboard: asus p9x79 deluxe

ram: 16 gb corsair vengeance

psu: corsair tx650

case: cm storm trooper

cooling: corsair H60

primary HDD: intel ssd 330 120gb

this only happen'd once(so far). does it happen often if something is wrong?

Thats not a signature (wont carry to another post/thread), but thanks for the specs.. :)

Again, happens if overheating, or not liking an overclock or a driver.. .that should lead one to ask themselves...what is my load temperature? (keep it under mid 80s or so) Am I overclocked (if yes, lower or remove it)? Have I tried changing drivers (If not reinstall curent or get the latest)?

Thats not a signature (wont carry to another post/thread), but thanks for the specs.. :)

Again, happens if overheating, or not liking an overclock or a driver.. .that should lead one to ask themselves...what is my load temperature? (keep it under mid 80s or so) Am I overclocked (if yes, lower or remove it)? Have I tried changing drivers (If not reinstall curent or get the latest)?

ok, what is signature then? its ca 61 under full load(furmark) the drivers are the latest WHQL and overclock is the gaming mode on it btw

Looks like artifacting to me, is your gpu overclocked or properly cooled?

EDIT: dont use furmark since some cards throttle resulting in lower temps. Drop the overclock and see if it goes away.

If it doesn't try new drivers.

USER CP - EDIT SIGNATURE.

So you can see.......

A. Temps are fine.
B. Try reinstalling the drivers. If that doesnt work, go back a version)
C. Gaming mode? Regardless, when you put the overclock back to stock does it go away?

Game mode? Fabric overclocked? What?

Just follow what I provided up there to troubleshoot please. Ignore the late canadian (haha, what up Ben? WHen are we going to play some BF3 again?!!)

Just follow what I provided up there to troubleshoot please. Ignore the late canadian (haha, what up Ben? WHen are we going to play some BF3 again?!!)

I saw this thread first :p just didn't refresh before I posted.

I edited my post and BF3 this weekend?

USER CP - EDIT SIGNATURE.

So you can see.......

A. Temps are fine.
B. Try reinstalling the drivers. If that doesnt work, go back a version)
C. Gaming mode? Regardless, when you put the overclock back to stock does it go away?

its fine right now, but i have rolled back drivers and updated again. still good. but i just wonder if this comes and goes random in the future or if this is normal to have once in the cards lifetime? it did go away when i restarted my pc, haven't seen it since..

yes there is preconfigured profiles in GPUtweak(asus software), one of them is gaming. asus says "Cranked 143MHz over reference for an ultimate boost clock of 1201MHz"

and thank you, i think i have signature now =)

It can happen for the reasons listed... sometimes it can be a bad card/on the way out. Only testing can tell you, but it isnt exactly unusual (though not a good thing of course) to see it for the reasons listed above. If those methods resolve the issue then the card is likely not bad. ;)

@ Ben - I have family in this weekend so I doubt it... :()

It can happen for the reasons listed... sometimes it can be a bad card/on the way out. Only testing can tell you, but it isnt exactly unusual (though not a good thing of course) to see it for the reasons listed above. If those methods resolve the issue then the card is likely not bad. ;)

ah, guess i should not ajust gaming profile anymore then =) it's a godd thing it can stand for a long time in furmark and not get any problems, and temps are fine =) thank you for both clearing this up and helping me get my signature =)

Artifact can be caused by CPU or GPU/Drivers the reason i say it's cpu is because it's sparing of the hole screen and from all his other complaints on how is computer is acting including the BSOD.

Also I have had artifacting with my cpu and it looked just like his screen when it was overclock, over time the CPU degraded increasing voltage did not work and only lowering the cpu to stock speed cleared it up.

I'm not saying for sure it's the cpu just looks like it to me with all his other problems on the other post.

I have had plenty of artifacting experience with the GPU and it usually looks like this.

Attachments

• 2d762d9f_22167-gpu_artifacting_super.jpg
    2d762d9f_22167-gpu_artifacting_super.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,413
  • farcry_issue_sm.jpg
    farcry_issue_sm.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 949
Last edited:
Ive seen all kinds of things. Artifacts like this are usually caused by the GPU/drivers. My suggestion is to check there first, then worry about the CPU as I dont think there are CPU issues in the first place reading through the entire thread (or did I cross threads?).

Ive seen all kinds of things. Artifacts like this are usually caused by the GPU/drivers. My suggestion is to check there first, then worry about the CPU as I dont think there are CPU issues in the first place reading through the entire thread (or did I cross threads?).

It's on his other post where he is complaining about the start of his original problem, that is why i think it is the CPU causing the artifact, because of all the information in his other post. you are correct usually artifact comes from the GPU or driver, however I think this time it's coming from the CPU, like i said im not for sure.

Here is his original problem he still has.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7329665#post7329665
as the title says, how do i know this? i have started to suspect the cpu because it show weird temps. i think it is ESD because of some "lag" in both games and om videos, and even in desktop(the cursor stops sometimes for like a second). so how should i know, and what can i do about it?

Last edited:
Well aware, and thank you. Nobody is sure what is causing it.. last you posted there, you did think it was the USB causing issues.. hell it could be a bad mobo...nobody knows.

Looks like we have two viable directions, however I would lean towards the GPU and its fixes first. ;)

Last edited:
I guess we can agree to disagree. I think he should work on the cursor stops sometimes for like a second in all windows modes first. You need a strong foundation with your Pc before you work on 3D graphics.:)

Anyway like you said Nobody is sure what is causing it, also his video only artifact once, so i don't see that as a problem now.

Back