• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor 7870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calriclarc

Registered
recently got a 7870 powercolor brand the yellow one, when i try to OC it, i can never go over 1100, it just crashes, i even tried upping up voltage to its maximum 1.3v but it still crashes, what does this mean? do i have a bad card?
Should i avoid buying powercolor brands? its 30$ cheaper than sapphire , msi and other brands by the way. Im from the philippines, powercolor here are so much cheap.

Hmm, i'm thinking the problem lies with your power supply. Powercolor recommends a minimum of 500w to run it. From your sig your system spec show a 500w unit. That's already a problem.

Now does the video card crash only or your whole system?

i just playde bf3 one stock then my display went black, screen shows power saving mode, is it gpu or whole system crach? my whole unit is still powered on. My previous card was a 560ti and i think they both have almost identical power consumption

i have a powercolor 7950 and it overclocks like hell, reached 1000 on core from 800 without touching the voltage.. remember, not all cards are the same. some may overclock well and some may not.. do not generalize it by the brand or price...

ummm, sir i played bf3 on this card at stock 7870 powercolor to be precised, then after a few minutes my pc went black, is it my PSU thats been doing this? i have a 500w hec rapter 2, i repeat i reverted it to stock then playde bf3 then poof all went black but still my system is powered on

have you tried using other quality powersupply with more than 500w? you should test it. then if the problem persist after testing on a better psu then the problem is the GPU. for now you should test it...

will try borrowing my friends 600w psu, will update this thread tommorrow, thank you guys, and by the way is a 7850 oc'd to 1050/1250 be faster than a stock 7870? and will it be safe for a 7850 to be oc'd that way 24/7?

Back