• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Using MSI Afterburner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Sorry to ask this simple little question , but i can't find solution anywhere online.
Even MSI Afterburner Manual never explain it. Even YouTube guide didn't mention about it.

I used MSI Afterburner OCed my GPU. So it works , but after i restart my PC it reverts back to STOCK CLOCK.

Thing is i found out i must save my settings to a profile , then tick " Apply Overclocking at System Startup "

Basically ,it means ea time my PC startup, at then it only will OC my GPU again ??

Can't i just set my Clock Speed permanently ??

Will it cause problems zz because ea time startup it overclock it , and its doing so repeatedly everytime i start my PC doesn't feel right !

Sorry to ask this simple little question , but i can't find solution anywhere online.
Even MSI Afterburner Manual never explain it. Even YouTube guide didn't mention about it.

I used MSI Afterburner OCed my GPU. So it works , but after i restart my PC it reverts back to STOCK CLOCK.

Thing is i found out i must save my settings to a profile , then tick " Apply Overclocking at System Startup "

Basically ,it means ea time my PC startup, at then it only will OC my GPU again ??

This is normal behavior for MSI Afterburner and almost all other overclocking programs. You need to tell the program to apply the overclocking when windows starts.

Can't i just set my Clock Speed permanently ??

Your GPU has a BIOS chip just like your motherboard. The difference between the BIOS on your motherboard and the BIOS on your GPU is that you can change the settings on your motherboard's BIOS and have those settings load every time you start the computer ~~ Or as you call it.... "You can set your clock speed permanently for your motherboard ~~ GPUs are different. When you start your PC; they load the default BIOS which is set to the default clock speeds. There are ways of changing those numbers by modifying the BIOS, but it really isn't something that I/WE would recommend for the "normal" every day user.

Will it cause problems zz because ea time startup it overclock it , and its doing so repeatedly everytime i start my PC doesn't feel right !
It will not cause any problems at all. Your GPU overclocks/underclocks itself all the time (even when you have it at default settings) so having it get overclocked when the PC starts is nothing that will damage it. Just make sure that your voltage settings and your temperatures are within reason and you'll have no reason to worry about MSI AB doing your settings every boot.

This is normal behavior for MSI Afterburner and almost all other overclocking programs. You need to tell the program to apply the overclocking when windows starts.

Your GPU has a BIOS chip just like your motherboard. The difference between the BIOS on your motherboard and the BIOS on your GPU is that you can change the settings on your motherboard's BIOS and have those settings load every time you start the computer ~~ Or as you call it.... "You can set your clock speed permanently for your motherboard ~~ GPUs are different. When you start your PC; they load the default BIOS which is set to the default clock speeds. There are ways of changing those numbers by modifying the BIOS, but it really isn't something that I/WE would recommend for the "normal" every day user.

It will not cause any problems at all. Your GPU overclocks/underclocks itself all the time (even when you have it at default settings) so having it get overclocked when the PC starts is nothing that will damage it. Just make sure that your voltage settings and your temperatures are within reason and you'll have no reason to worry about MSI AB doing your settings every boot.

Well that's a relief and alot more simple explanation , i seriously literally appreciate all of you guys help here in the forums.

I hope you guys don't mind because i know i asking load of questions on the forums lol. But i did try to read it up myself first , but usually i can't find the answers i specifically want , or understand them since my English isn't so good

Well this solved my problem , cheers! :popcorn:

Also i didn't know MSI Afterburner support the LCD screen on my Logitech G510 ! This is just awesome ! Both my keyboard and the programs are lol =p

Can never go wrong with MSI and Logitech:attn:

Glad to be of assistance.

Not such a thing as too many questions... Ever. The only bad question is the one that doesn't get asked.

Back