• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to upgrade my GFx card a bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xStrike

Registered
Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my Radeon 6850 because it's pretty much on its last leg. Starting to **** the bed. I'm either thinking of buying a new 6850 or upgrading to maybe the 7000's. I'm looking to start playing Planetside 2, start up BF3 again, Far Cry 3, and Skyrim. Right now I really only play Guild Wars 2 and I don't max it because of the bearings on the fan going and gives the card the worst grinding noise. So basically I'm just looking for suggestions for a new card. I have a budget of $150 (Give or take 20 bucks or so) so if anyone could throw some ideas out there for a good reliable card. Keep in mind I have 550w PSU but do have PCI-e 3.0

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my Radeon 6850 because it's pretty much on its last leg. Starting to **** the bed. I'm either thinking of buying a new 6850 or upgrading to maybe the 7000's. I'm looking to start playing Planetside 2, start up BF3 again, Far Cry 3, and Skyrim. Right now I really only play Guild Wars 2 and I don't max it because of the bearings on the fan going and gives the card the worst grinding noise. So basically I'm just looking for suggestions for a new card. I have a budget of $150 (Give or take 20 bucks or so) so if anyone could throw some ideas out there for a good reliable card. Keep in mind I have 550w PSU but do have PCI-e 3.0

7850s go down to 179.99 and even lower if you catch the right sale-- If you are dedicated to ATI then this is probably your best bet-- A good upgrade without a huge shot to your wallet.

nVidia has some good offerings in this price range as well, but I won't bother with that considering your self-suggested upgrade path. The 7850 is a solid little card :attn:

I'll keep a watch out for the 7850's then. Never been a big nVidia fan really. Any more suggestions are welcome

Haha, I'm a bit of a fanboy, but my loyalty only goes as far as finding a good deal-- Virturally all of my cards are used or returns that were extremely cheap. ATI rocking the best deals at the moment.

Back