• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting to Sybase database

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I am courious if anyone has experiance making GUIs that connect with a Sybase database. I started with VS2012 but it appears that i can only connect with the database if I purchase SQL Anywhere.

There seemed to be some JDBC driver that supports part of the Sybase databases, but maybe this depends on what you mean by "making GUI's"? If all you want is to have a graphical environment for writing queries then Squirrel SQL might do it.

Thanks for the response! What I have been asked todo is to create a "program" that will take data from an existing Sybase database and SQL database, allow operators on the shop floor to input data, and then save the data they entered to a second SQL database. Typcally I would do this in MS Access, however, this is being driven by our quality department and someone who have 5 minutes, google, and is reasonably computer literate can figure out holding shift down when opening the file.

Back