• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperatures too cold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haoleflip719

Registered
Hello! I am new to the OC world. I just got a new Cooler Master Hyper TX3 for my CPU because the stock one just wasn't cutting it and the fan made a weird squealing sound. Anyway, after installing, I posted a screenshot of my temps in CoreTemp. I was kind of shocked because it was saying it was as low as 11-13 celsius. Isn't that bad? I also took readings a little bit later with OpenHardware and the reading was a bit different, but still low. Does this mean I HAVE to OC my processor?

Attachments

• coretemp.jpg
    coretemp.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 61
  • openhardware.jpg
    openhardware.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 65
Dont worry about idle temps. What you need to be concerned with are load temps. As long as your CPU Core temp remains below 55C is pretty much sure to be stable. We start to get concerned around 60C on AMD chips, but mild overclocks tend to still be stable even at high temps. For example my wifes rig has been running her 8120 @ 3.2Ghz all week without a crash at 68C but its barely over stock speed so meh.

Back