• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BachOn

I water cool my CPU with a EK Supreme block. Got a custom loop that does the job well.

Been thinking of adding a water block for my GPU. Can't find a custom block for this particular model.

It is a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Can anyone suggest some workable options?

As always, any and all help is gratefully appreciated.

BachOn

If you need to go universal, here is testing by Skinnee on a hot gtx480 albeit from 2011.

I used a Swiftech MCW 80/82 (new top made it an 82) on a gtx280 and it kept the GPU cool even with Furmark testing. You do need to attach heatsinks to the voltage regulator modules. Most say also use heatsinks also on VRAM if you OC but I never did OC my VGA.

Here are some copper heatsinks with sticky thermal pads attached. They come in different - sizes and are reportedly easy to trim with a Dremel. Good luck. :)

Thanks musicfan. I've prowled around and can't find a block specifically made for the MSI model of this GPU. From what I've read, MSI moved some things around on it as opposed to other Nvidia GeForce 560 TI units.

Some say it is so overclockable that it doesn't need extra cooling beyond the twin fans. I wouldn't call these two fans LOUD, but you can hear them.

I saw where one guy had used something like a Corsair H60 and just attached the block to the main video processor chip on the hard with adhesive tape.

Frankly, I was wanting to experiment and maybe add the block to my existing system - either before or after the CPU.

Let me be sure of something: have you used the Swiftech MCW 80/82 on this particular MSI board? Or was it another brand of the 560 TI?

I thought these units sold pretty well. You'd think somebody would have come up with something for them.

BachOn

I apologize if I was unclear. I purchased an MCW 80 that I converted to an 82 with a top change. Then I put it on an EVGA GTX 280 with the "200 series" Swiftech retention brackets (obsolete now). I did this in 2010 while looking for a full cover VGA card, which I found on eBay and still use.

I have never used the 560 ti. But at the Swiftech website they may still have their one-piece hybrid cover to complement their universal. I couldn't find a 560 ti bracket per se if you don't get the front piece. But you can always write Swiftech. Michelle (sales) or Stephen (support) are prompt. It's hard to know whether the Swiftech hybrid is very effective in the non-GPU area. Skinnee's testing did not show the hybrid VRM cooling comparable to full covers but don't know how it compares to user-applied heatsinks.

I also saw a mod where an All-in-One (H50 or H60) was strapped to the GPU but he used zip ties I think. He reported good GPU temps too. :D

I call myself having looked around. I can't seem to find any universal block for this particular GPU.

I can find a block for the main chip. But short of those copper memory coolers, I don't see anything that takes care of them - in mass.

Guess I may just have to leave this one on air cooling.

BachOn

Thanks musicfan. I've prowled around and can't find a block specifically made for the MSI model of this GPU. From what I've read, MSI moved some things around on it as opposed to other Nvidia GeForce 560 TI units.

Some say it is so overclockable that it doesn't need extra cooling beyond the twin fans. I wouldn't call these two fans LOUD, but you can hear them.

I saw where one guy had used something like a Corsair H60 and just attached the block to the main video processor chip on the hard with adhesive tape.

Frankly, I was wanting to experiment and maybe add the block to my existing system - either before or after the CPU.

Let me be sure of something: have you used the Swiftech MCW 80/82 on this particular MSI board? Or was it another brand of the 560 TI?

I thought these units sold pretty well. You'd think somebody would have come up with something for them.

BachOn

The are kinda a low end board for WC, no offense. WC tend to top notch GPU's. + the fact that there are wayy to many vairiations. So not surprised. Popular, sold by the millions, but how many WC? A VERY low ratio to 560Ti owners. Profit makes the world go round eh?

I couldn't imagine paying what you did for the GCPU and wanting to WC it, but in WC lots of time it's not the cost/performance issue, it's because we want to.

I visited a couple of websites that made recommendations for GPUs in various price ranges. This was maybe a year and a half ago. This unit got some pretty good reviews at the time. Seems like it was around $150 with shipping.

I'll probably just stick with air on this GPU for now and begin to look around for a better unit - maybe one that already has a water block.

Thanks for the input, Con.

BachOn

Back