• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better choice for dedicated server with e-commerce site?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satyrist

The company I currently work for is having issues pulling data from our own internal database (MS Dynamics RMS) to our website. (which uses X-Cart for management) Our dedicated server is currently hosted by HostGator, which as it's been explained to me, is dedicated hardware, but virtualized OS...Perhaps cloud? Our company's domain is hosted through HostGator; Our shopping cart (X-Cart) is hosted through another company, Kosmos.

The current server's specs are:

Intel Xeon E3-1265L 2.5GHz
100 mbps Uplink
8 GB DDR3 Memory
500 GB RAID-1 Drives
10 TB Bandwidth
Up to 5 Dedicated IPs

Anyway-We had been notified that our site was being migrated over to this different server set-up, management had talked with someone at HostGator specifically NOT to move us, yet it happened anyway; This is the point where web integration became broken for us, and they are fighting us when asked to move us back to the older server setup...

I had brought up the possibility of going elsewhere, but I had thought about asking where else might be better to pick after all of this trouble we've had.

Might anyone else have some suggestions for a different dedicated hosting provider here? Because HostGator dropped the ball on this one.

Back