• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a decent gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frederic2707

hi this is my second build i sold my first one so i have a little bit of experience
cpu i7 2600 (bought it already non k)
mobo Intel Desktop Board DP67BG Extreme Series p67
ram hyperx 8gb or 8gb corsair vengeance?
case haf 932 advance (got it for a steal)
hdd i have some laying around but will get a ssd later
psu 800watt xilence (got it from my nephew it is a gamers series and is 80+ bronze
gpu hd6870 twin frozr (got this from my nephew as well)
cooler antec 620 or mugen 3 or artic freezer pro or freezer 13

Well, you came to an overclocking forum so, non K = MEH to most, Intel boards are MEH, No clue on the quality of the PSU there, look up some reviews on it... 6870 may be a bit long in the tooth for say BF3 at 1080P Ultra.

I thought you sold your first one for a lot of money or something? There is A LOT of advice in those threads if I remember correctly...

EDIT: Yeah, a 100 post thread on a gaming rig. Nothing has come out recently so that advice is still valid.

Well, you came to an overclocking forum so, non K = MEH to most, Intel boards are MEH, No clue on the quality of the PSU there, look up some reviews on it... 6870 may be a bit long in the tooth for say BF3 at 1080P Ultra.

I thought you sold your first one for a lot of money or something? There is A LOT of advice in those threads if I remember correctly...

EDIT: Yeah, a 100 post thread on a gaming rig. Nothing has come out recently so that advice is still valid.

theygot deleted i cannot find them anymore

Click on your name, go in to your profile, click on statistics tab, and see 'find all threads started by me'. :)

Back