• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flightsim (Prepar3D) Simmers help (new RiG for this summer)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DavidGuadagno

Registered
Hi guys/simmers, it's time to completely change the game RiG and from the various updates (game & addons) with my AMD does not hold anymore (as signatures) so I have to / we have to wait for the various updates for P3D v4, so Intel is my next RiG so any technical advice is appropriated.

Obviously what I have to buy as soon I have the bugdet:

Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz Processor

ASUS Maximus IX Hero/Formula (I think it's great to do OC) but even Asus TUF Z270 MK2 seems good

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit or maybe ill go 3200Mhz

Components I already have:

EVGA 500W 80 Plus Power Supply (I should updrage to 750w for the 1080/1080Ti)

DEEPCOOL CPU Water Cooler Liquid Cooler 240mm Radiator with Two Quiet 120mm Fans for Intel / AMD MAELSTROM240T

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC (will be 1080, 1080Ti as soon as possible)

HyperX Savage 240 GB (when I have the chance I'll buy another one or two so no worries)

Kolink Punisher (I've got this in mind here Thermaltake CA-1H2-00M1WN-01 View 28 RGB Ring Fan Edition Case With Curved Side Window)

I think that I'm not missing nothing, of course I hope to have a good performance, I'm following Chewwy and ofc Matt Davies aka Belynz and they have impressive FPS using PAYWARE products obviously.

(PS: Don't attack me: p)

Not sure I followed what you said about, "which the AMD does not hold anymore." Do you mean it doesn't have he processing power to adequately run the sims with all the new add ons?

I'm not familiar with the sims you are running but I note that in the list of new parts you have included only a GTX 1050Ti. That's not a particularly potent video card by today's standards. Are these sims mostly CPU dependent or do they tax the GPU quite a bit as well?

Not sure I followed what you said about, "which the AMD does not hold anymore." Do you mean it doesn't have he processing power to adequately run the sims with all the new add ons?

I'm not familiar with the sims you are running but I note that in the list of new parts you have included only a GTX 1050Ti. That's not a particularly potent video card by today's standards. Are these sims mostly CPU dependent or do they tax the GPU quite a bit as well?

I mean that the more updated things they do the more advanced stuff u need, about the graphic card if u read carefully i mentioned to change it, Prepard3D or even FSX is S.C. oriented

what res is your monitor?

Actually Full HD 1920*1080 24''

16 gigs of system ram and 8 gigs of vram, at the least, that makes the 1070 the bottom card for this, I think, and 32 gigs of system ram if you run add ons.

Looks to be a decent upgrade in my book. I would suggest taking a look at some of the lower end z270 boards. As has been the case for several generations with Intel the motherboard is not the deciding factor in overclockability.

I see your reusing the 1050Ti should be ok for a while, but you probably definitely want to upgrade that when you have the extra $.

As for the PSU even with the 1080Ti you should be under 500W for that setup.

16 gigs of system ram and 8 gigs of vram, at the least, that makes the 1070 the bottom card for this, I think, and 32 gigs of system ram if you run add ons.

will do 32GB 3000/3200Mhz at least ^^ but for starting 16GB its a easy start

Looks to be a decent upgrade in my book. I would suggest taking a look at some of the lower end z270 boards. As has been the case for several generations with Intel the motherboard is not the deciding factor in overclockability.

I see your reusing the 1050Ti should be ok for a while, but you probably definitely want to upgrade that when you have the extra $.

As for the PSU even with the 1080Ti you should be under 500W for that setup.

i sorted out within my research Asus TUF Z270 MK2 (should be a good one), about the graphic card, yeah i'll be soon upgrading it once i sorted my primary RiG and ofc doing lots of work do my budget increases

with ram, speed gets you nothing, you just need to make sure you have enough that the system is not having to store it on the drive so don't get to hyped about ram speed.

^

That said, I'd look into Ryzen. Cheaper and still great performance. You are looking to buy an I7, I honestly think Ryzen 5 1500x or even 1600 will do the job, better in some cases(heavy multi-threading applications)

If you do, you will want some nice ram to go along with it, but a B350 motherboard is all that is needed.

If you have your heart set on the I7, go for it. It's not a bad chip by any means*I have the skylake I7*

Good afternoon to @everyone, little update about my new RiG.

17 June I purchased the MoBo ASUS Maximus IX Code and today, 30 June the i7-7700k

I have a few question to ask;

1st I'm trying to stuggle/understand if my MoBo supports NVMe because I'm willing to get one, maybe a Samsung 960 PRO M.2-2280 xxxGB PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

2nd What do u think about the PC Case Thermaltake CA-1H2-00M1WN-01 View 28 RGB Ring Fan Edition Case With Curved Side Window ?

3rd Memory RAM ?!?!?! Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR4-2133 for a start? What do u think?

any technical advice is appropriated

#1, yes it supports nvme.

#2 as long as all your "stuff fits in it and you like the looks.

#3 that ram will be fine.

Back