• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini ITX AMD Gaming Computer build for around 1100 bucks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

Originally it was an intel build. Decided to go amd instead.

At least I'm trying to. I'm having trouble figuring out if there are any good amd Mini ITX mobos and CPUS for gaming.

Thought i'd go with an 8350. Can't find a board for it.

Has anyone here built one recently and could kick me in the right direction?

Originally it was an intel build. Decided to go amd instead.

At least I'm trying to. I'm having trouble figuring out if there are any good amd Mini ITX mobos and CPUS for gaming.

Thought i'd go with an 8350. Can't find a board for it.

Has anyone here built one recently and could kick me in the right direction?

You may want to go back to Intel, because i also have no luck fiding a mini itx mobo that support the amd fx 8350 either.

The EVGA Z68 Micro ATX DDR3 2133 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboards pair with an Intel 3570k is a kick *** combo
The AMD fx 8350 is only good when you are rendering 3d, transcoding, or rendering video.
If your chores are mostly gaming and taskd that can't expolit all 8 core than Intel have the advantage.
I ran Cinebench 10 on a single core and the Ivi bridge rolls right over both AMD 8150 and 8350 because intel have more efficent core

I'm sure you can build an intel mITX gaming setup with the Z77 chipset, an i5-3570, 8gb of RAM, and your choice of video card. I would also try to get a modular power supply (and a short cable set if they are available) since room will be at a premium.

Fitting a power section that can deal with a 125w CPU at stock, let alone overclocked, into a mITX sized board would be extremely difficult.
I would go Intel and Z77, having a tiny heat monster seems sort of silly to me.

Back