• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with OC'ing X6 1075t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theonlyvenom

Hey there guys, long time lurker but this is my first post. First things first, here are my specs:

Phenom II X6 1075t processor w/ Corsair water cooling
MSI 970A-G46 motherboard
12gb Kingston HyperX ram
Radeon HD6870 graphics
Antech 600w powersupply

I have been trying to overclock and get to a 4ghz speed. Here are my bios settings.

15 x 271 - 4065 Mhz
CPU/NB - 2710 Mhz
HT Link - 2168 Mhz
RAM - 1812 Mhz

CPUv - 1.39v
CPU/NB - 1.2v
DRAM 1.65v
NB Auto
SB Auto
HT Auto

So the problem I seem to be having is that every time I save settings and restart the computer, I boot up and the overclock is ALWAYS at 3.38 Ghz. I go back into the bios and the FSB has gone back down to 220. None of the other settings change, and if I change the FSB back to 271 and savequit it always does the same thing.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what is going on? Maybe there is a setting in the bios that I am not hitting so the FSB stays?

Thanks for your help!

I upped the Vcore to 1.55v and still the same result, 3.38 Ghz. this is so frustrating! Any recommendation of what I should put the Vcore at?

Are you using software to overclock or are you overclocking manually from the bios?

Which Corsair water cooling unit are you using? Model #?

Oh, the infamous MSI 970A-G46 motherboard. Too bad. That one has given folks lots of problems. In general, stay away from MSI motherboards until the company gets their act together once again. They have turned out some better products lately but at this point it's a crap shoot.

Last edited:
What's your stock speed on your ram and what's the current value on your mem clock. Assuming this CPU has a locked multiplier you can only go to 15 on that one. Increasing your FSB will increase your memory. If your board only supports an xxx amount of MHz and your memory sticks can only go an xxx amount overclocked then you need to drop the mem clock to 800/1066 and work on it from there. Don't keep it on auto

Try slowing down the CPU-NB speed from 2700 to the same speed at the HT link--2168. Or alternately bump up the CPU-NB v to around 1.25v

Back