• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Barracuda vs. Caviar Black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zenos

I've been reading reviews lately on storage... Came here to get oppinions from you guys on which of these drives are better?

Seagate Barracuda
Western Digital Caviar Black:popcorn:

Hard drives are hard drives, there isn't much difference between them performance wise. WD probably has the better warranty and customer service, but at a higher cost.

Hard drives are hard drives, there isn't much difference between them performance wise. WD probably has the better warranty and customer service, but at a higher cost.

Ahh okay, seems everybody on all forums I've been on have the same understanding of the drives. Just wanted to make sure.:rofl:

I would go with the Seagate drives, just make sure you get the ones with 64mb catch because those are the newer ones.

I've been using Seagate 1 and 2tb drives of this variety for a while and have been recommending them to friends. Haven't had or heard of any problems so far.

I would go with the Seagate drives, just make sure you get the ones with 64mb catch because those are the newer ones.

I've been using Seagate 1 and 2tb drives of this variety for a while and have been recommending them to friends. Haven't had or heard of any problems so far.

Yup, I'm loving the one my dad got my for x-mas, 2tb 7200rpm 64m cache. It's great for recording videos onto, good speeds.

As you can see in my sig I have the same Barracuda as you. But personally, I think the WD Black have better aesthetics. That's my $0.02 worth.

Back