• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx-8350 screwy coretemp and hwmonitor readings!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=XAF=AfterShock

I just got this chip today and slapped it in quick and its pretty much at default minus forced vcore of 1.35v and turbo core disabled as well as all apm features, one new thing I noticed in my bios was HPC mode "High performance computing" so I enabled it but now I'm getting coretemp readings that are way too low to be possible with an h100 cooler. I'll post a ss of hwmonitor after 15 min of prime but anyone have a fix? I won't o/c this chip unless I can get an accurate reading. I also notice coretemp shows my cpu as "AMD Processor BE" but I've seen screenshots showing the correct model.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Idle temps for most deneb thru and including the newest Vishera FX processors are not calibrated with any 'real' intent to show accurate idle temps. We have been using the latest HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com for over a year now to read the CPUTIN temp and Core Temps (now Package Temp) and have petty much found the readings to have good meaning. In all cases the most current verson of HWMonitor is advised.

We don't know what your load temps are. You haven't posted any infor or pics yet. Load temps can be off on the cool side also so it's important to look not only at core/package temps but also CPU socket temps.

Okay, you put your load temps in your Sig. I see now. That's different! 45 c package temps under Prime95 load is certainly reasonable with good aftermarket cooling.

damn screenshot didn't show up, ok my package temps with prime running is 39c my socket temp reads 49c

my sig still shows my old 965 chip

attachment.php

That seems about right I have the thermaltake and at 1.45v I'm around 47°

Please attach pics directly with your posts using the built-in forum tool for this purpose. First, crop and save the individual images (not pic of the whole desktop or a large group of images clustered together which make things so small in the attachment you can't read the images). Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this but you can also use key strokes. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top. That will load the file browser/uplink tool and the rest will be obvious.

Also, if you want to get a good idea of max temps, run Prime95 for 20 minutes.

This is from memory.I'm not home right now. HT freq is 2360 @ 1.2v i think NB freq is 2590 @ 1.3v

ok so we're pretty close, I was just looking for a starting point for o/c since we have similar mobos.

In the future if you want help you should follow the advice of others about which programs to use and posting pics they offer us alot of info and make it easier to help you in the end.

so far I just stuck it at 4.4ghz with 1.375v and set my ht link speed and cpu/nb to 2400 with 1.2v each and it survived prime for he 6 hours that I slept. max temp in hwmonitor shows 42c package temp, might try to go as high as I can without going over 1.4v so I should have more than enough temp headroom left for when summer gets here.

Back