• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed Overclocking an FX-8320e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

I want to OC the base clock without having to disable Turbo but instead also modify the Turbo States, thing I can not do in the UEFI.

If I disable Turbo and set manually the multiplier to 20 and the voltage to 1.3v (everything else is default/auto) while in Windows the CPU does not idle properly; clocks stay at 4.0Ghz most of the while idle but the voltage never drops down to the idle value. I tried enabling HPC (disabled by default) and makes no difference.
This issue goes away if I leave the voltage to auto or manually changed it with Turbo enabled.

I want to retain as much power/energy efficiency as much as it is possible, I prefer not doing the "disable all energy features" approach.

I would like to know if there is a way to control the States of Turbo (clocks and voltages), specially since the default max turbo of 4.0Ghz @ 1.425v is too way higher then needed. I tried AMD Overdrive but that program is rubbish IMO.

HWiNFO:

Last edited:
If you set your voltage manually it will stay there. You need to use voltage offset, then it will drop the voltage when the speed drops. What you should do is find stability first then you will need to find the P-states on your chip and figure out where you need to set the voltage offset.

Also please host your pictures internally. That way in the future they do not turn into broken links which help no one.

You have to change the value to either + or -. The option is there.
I noticed that and tried but even with set to - it did not let me reduce it.
What I'm doing wrong?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

In my signature is a link for overclocking amd (bulldozer) processors... check it out. :)
I read that and this https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-...iver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard.html
But again, all guides say "disable Turbo", so i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to OC with Turbo enabled.

With that generation of AMD CPUs I do not think it is possible to overclock with Turbo enabled. It is the opposite of recent generations of Intel CPUs in that regard.

Back