• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 635

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newf

Registered
Guys I know if I searched harder I could find what I need eventually, but I would rather just get it straight from guys who know how to do it CORRECTLY. Background: My grandfather has a 4 Core Athlon 635 and a suitable Asus motherboard, believe it's a M5a88. He's been playing Euro Truck Simulator lately and said he's going to need an upgrade soon. I've already overclocked it to 3.45ghz but I can't seem to get it completely stable, cooling is not a problem as I put my stock cooler for my FX-8120 on and the case has excellent airflow. Can you guys give me any advice? I have the nb running 1900mhz and ram running 1600mhz.
Additional specs:
650W 80+
Asus 560 DirectCUII @ 950-2250
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
2 500gb Seagate Cudas 7200rpm 32mb cache

Any help is appreciated guys! I've been reading on these forums trying to find some bits and have tried things I've read. Just can't seem to find the sweet spot I guess.
I'm hoping to be able to get it to 3.6/7 stable so he can get nice framerates guys, think it's possible to get there?

Back