• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FT02 Watercooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StatutoryGrape

Registered
FT02/RV03 Watercooled

The Idea

To cool one i5 3570K & 2 Radeon HD7870 LE, on two different Resevoirs.

The CPU running on one 120mm rad in a push/pull config, D5 pump

The dual GPUs running on a dual 180mm rad in a pull config, D5 pump

EDIT I want to run clear tubing, with a UV reactive purple liquid, and a UV reactive green liquid, that can be used as a daily coolant.
UV Purple and UV Green tubing with distilled water and PT Nuke-PHN

The Specs

• Intel i5 3570K
  • Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 E-ATX
  • 2x4GB Corsair Dominater Platinum @ 2000Mhz
  • x2 Radeon HD7870 LE
  • Dual Bay, dual resevoir w/ 2 slots for D5 Pumps (Koolance RP-452X2 Rev 2.0)
  • x2 Laing D5T Vario Pumps
  • Dual 180mm radiator (Magicool-RADI180X2)
  • x2 Full card block for 7870 LE (EK-FC7870)
  • RayStorm CPU waterblock SE Chrome
  • x2 Gentle Typhoon 120mm fans
  • Chrome compression fittings, and disconnects.

This is going to be a first time thing for me, I'm looking for some guidance with what I should do. I haven't purchased the case just yet, I have the computer up and running in a Obsidian 800D.(Current Build) I'm selling the case and looking to downgrade to the smaller, quieter FT02.

The Links

Magicool 180mm Radiator
Radeon HD7870 Block
CPU Block
D5 Pump
Dual Resevoir in two 5.25 bays

Last edited:
I'm running a H80 on my i5 right now and its doing an amazing job keeping it cool, I figured i could get my self a really nice 120mm to mount on the top and that would be sufficient.

Would I get a good effect with UV reactive tubing?

I really want a good aesthetic affect.

Another question is does anybody know if the MC dual 180mm rad would fit in a RV03?

I've used dyes and uv tubing and got about the same effect for both so I would go with uv tubing hands down. You can run a loop with dyes clog free but your going to be changing your water out much more then someone with uv tubes and distilled/bio combo.

prob not enough rad overall, so you'll have high dtemps; but it will do the job, maybe. make sure you go with a NICE fan, like these http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...80_x_32mm_Fan_-_SST-AP181.html?tl=g36c15s1040

if it fits in the rv02, google that, check around... then look at the rv03 and see if the space/area is the same. 9/10 times it will fit, but with how much modification is the question.

at what temps is that 3570k running at on the h80? how big of an OC?

Those 180mm fans you link come preinstalled in a RV03 (I've done a client build before with one)

Small OC of base clock to 103Mhz(+3) running at 3.7Ghz

At idle it runs at 2.5c over room temperature (23c)
Underload from Prime95 I hit temps of 31c over room temp (52c)

and cools back down to 8c over room temp (29c) instantly

Once I get my custom loop I am aiming to hit 4.5Ghz OC

Looking at the RV03, I dont think I'll be able to fit the Rad inside without a fair amount of modding because the fans are mounted in a staggered position

Last edited:
if water cooling is your goal, i wouldn't go for the RV03. unless you plan to externally mount the radiators?? Google rv03 radiator, look at the links and pictures.

you can fit a radiator on the 180s, you have to move one of the fans and might have space issues at the PSU side; AND this will cut down on the space you have for VIDEO CARD length. you can also modify the back, to rear mount (externally) a 140/120 x1 or x2 (if you mod a lot.)

overall, i'd get a different case. what's wrong with the 800d? that case has a HUGE amount of room; sure the airflow sucks, but with proper fan upgrades it's a great case. Modify the 800d imho.

if water cooling is your goal, i wouldn't go for the RV03. unless you plan to externally mount the radiators?? Google rv03 radiator, look at the links and pictures.

you can fit a radiator on the 180s, you have to move one of the fans and might have space issues at the PSU side; AND this will cut down on the space you have for VIDEO CARD length. you can also modify the back, to rear mount (externally) a 140/120 x1 or x2 (if you mod a lot.)

overall, i'd get a different case. what's wrong with the 800d? that case has a HUGE amount of room; sure the airflow sucks, but with proper fan upgrades it's a great case. Modify the 800d imho.

I could fit a rad on the back with the 120mm fan mount, and run it externally, but I dont think I can fit a dual 180mm in the bottom. I would really like to do that but I'm not sure I can.

It also completely skipped my mind about fitting graphics cards into the case with the 180mm rad mounted

Ive thought about keeping the 800D, my only complaint is that sinces there's 3 120mm mounts on top of the case it gets noisy when im watching movies and stuff. (I have a small bedroom and the computer is in my bedroom)

I am really open to new ideas, I'm looking to have a very quite rig, I'm not looking for performance cooling rather then quite cooling

I would go with the 800D since you already have it or wait up for the 900D if you're preference is keeping everything internal otherwise work with the 800D.

I would stick the loop as one. No point in splitting the loop. You'll need about x2 360s to cool those 2 GPUs and CPU. You want quiet go low fpi with low fans. You can stick one radiator externally in the back of the 800D while you have one internally up top. Fan's I'd advise would be AP-15s or Helix120s PWM or non PWM your preference and Black Ice SR series radiators gen. 2.

If you're a little confused just read up some in the yellow stickes since you're going custom liquid cooling and check out peoples build logs on 800Ds. Could help you on some ideas for this whole loop.

Can I mount a 140mm rad in the bottom?

I'm doing some googling and all i can find is people asking, but no clear answers as to if you can, and if you cant why not.

the alphacool XT45 series of radiators are nice; low fin count, 45mm thick, good cooling wth low-med rpm fans. two 120x3 would be nice; but you could get away with a 120x3 and 120x2, but your dt will suffer and OC might be limited. Moar radiator is always better, especially if you want "silent". i personally found, what most consider medium speed is still quite, it's the higher speeds or CHEAP fans that make more noise. pick the right fans and you'll find that you can run them at 1200-1400 rpm and they're still relatively quite. don't forget, a fan controller allows you to crank up the fan while gaming (when you can't hear it anyways) and then turn down the fans (noise) for idle times.

I have a buyer for my Obsidian 800D, for $300 CAD, any cases that anybody would suggest I get, or should I stick with the 800D?

I'm not looking to mod my 800D to much, maybe a 280 Rad in the bottom but thats it

I have a buyer for my Obsidian 800D, for $300 CAD, any cases that anybody would suggest I get, or should I stick with the 800D?

I'm not looking to mod my 800D to much, maybe a 280 Rad in the bottom but thats it

Wait for the 900D? lol.......

The 900D is going to be way out of my 300 dollar price range, Rumor is its going to be 350-400, I have 300 flat to work with for a new case

The 900D is going to be way out of my 300 dollar price range, Rumor is its going to be 350-400, I have 300 flat to work with for a new case

Its official. $349 Retail Price. Than I guess its out of the question.

Best case out there imo for less than $300 is a NZXT Phantom 820 for $249.99. (Comes in 3 case colors of your choice) You can fit all the radiators you need in this thing for your cooling and silent needs. It has top 280/360mm and bottom 240/280mm radiator support.

Last edited:
I would try and get a hold of a 900 looks amazing, and speaking of does anyone have any specifics on when the 900D will be out? All I can find is Mid march.

OMG IM SO EXCITED, I JUST FOUND THIS

http://www.overclock.net/t/986547/s...ssons-learned-and-build-log/360#post_14854678

and this!

dsc0021eq.jpg

dsc0022ea.jpg

on the bottom of the case it says that 3 120mm fans can be mounted, would it be an okay idea to buy 3 single 120mm rads and mount them ?

Last edited:
Back