• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF3 Frame Rate issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

I'm on a new build here (the one in the sig) and I've been playing Battlefield 3 on Ultra+.

It's mostly at 60fps with Vsync ON, but when things get a little hairy the frame rate drops into the mid 30's

My temps are around 55-60 for the GPU during gaming, and I've got ASUS Probe II set to Alert at 55c for the CPU (stock), but it doesn't get that hot.

7950 running is stock 1000mhz/1250 which I'm watching with GPU-Z

I'm playing this at 1280x800 on a 12" screen, I'm only 99.9% certain my machine should eat this game up on Ultra+ at this resolution.

My Logitech G13 LCD displays 45-60% load for both CPU and RAM

----------

So what do you guys figure is going on here? Could it be that my Kingston Entertainment series RAM is too slow ? having latency of 11-11-11-25 as I recall (I'll have to double check that)

I know I need to do more testing, it seamed smooth as silk a week ago when I was playing on 1080p.

Should be able to push up your memory on 7950 to 1350/1450 that might help some. I run a MSI lighting on ultra and when IM playing 64 player a lot of stuff is going on my frame rate drops also. Also adjust setting in the AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver settings, shut off tess, and Vsync . Try again and see how that works for you.

Last edited:
Wow, is my face red. I had Fraps running and didn't realize that F9 activated video recording in Fraps. Every time I used F9 in game my frame rate would plummet but I hadn't made the connection. I wound up with 15 gigs of video I didn't know about.

Back