• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xspc x20 750 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

just changed case and radiators i have a Alphacool UT60 360mm (60mm thick) Rad and a alphacool 240mm (45mm thick) rad

is the 750 pump powerful enough to push water through both these rads and cpu and gpu?

i dont really want to change its running well and pretty quiet too.

i have xspc raystorm on cpu and ek full cover block on gpu (hd 7970)

Yes it will have the pumping strength require to push that loop. Your flowrate is going to be a bit on the low side, but it should be fine. I use an X20 750 in my fusion system with 2 radiators, and 2 blocks.

The Raystorm is a low pressure drop block, and radiators are low pressure drop by nature. The GPU block is probably the most restrictive part of the entire loop.

Last edited:
You could, but will likely only have a flow rate around .5 gpm, which may not cause too many temperature problems, but will contribute to difficulty bleeding air from the loop.

The 750 is tested here by Martinm. It can put out 1.91 PSI at 0.5 gpm.

Then go to his pump planning guide. This is only an estimate but since radiator resistance is usually similar regarless of size, you have about .4 PSI from the two rads, .6 PSI from the Raystorm Acetal, and not sure about the 7970. Bundymania tested flow but not drop. But usually EK is low restriction. Here from GTX 480 testing, Skinnee got .9 PSI on the EK full-cover.

Since that adds to 1.9 PSI, that makes me think you will be close to the the 0.5 gpm as per Martin's pump planning guide.

You can live with this and see how it works for you. Or you can add a second small pump. Or you can get a new pump with greater head pressure. Link to your store if you want help with this. Good luck. :)

---
add: ssjwizard was too fast for me but not sure I am saying much different.

Last edited:
ok thanks i did some research on the ek full block before i bought it, its suppose to be the highest flow full block you can get (or close to it)

would be interested in adding a second small pump, not thought about doing this before

You'll barely have flow. That pump isn't the greatest and even the updated version of the 750 or at least thats what they say I see non-stop complaints of pump failure and reservoir leaks. Its possible some are user error but I'am sure they all arn't.

I would scrap the idea with this pump and grab a nice pump since you got a nice size loop and a pump that can handle another GPU incase you ever go Xfire/SLI since you got Eyefinity.

I found this on UK Ebay which would be ideal for ya - DDC-1T -
MCP pumps are great and which website do you deal with since you're from the UK? There are better performing pumps out there and newer that can handle alot in the loop. Let me know if you do go for another pump which website would you buy it from and what your budget would be in USD. Than I can steer you to the right pump.

yeah i read bad reviews on it too but its worked perfect for me and its really quiet so im gona keep it for now, but would like to add another pump to help the flow and keep it moving if i do get a failure.

any suggestions on a good second pump? i've already spent a fortune on new mobo, cpu, case and rad so the cheaper the better lol

If you want to add a second pump for more pumping power and redundancy then you want it to be in series. Source: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/04/26/pump-setup-series-vs-parallel/

The pump Jack linked to would be a good way to get into Laing pumps without busting the budget. It was the least expensive Laing I saw at Watercooling UK.

Otherwise, if Laing is too expensive, consider Jingway OEM. At Watercooling UK that includes the Phobya DC12-400/EK DCP 4.0 or Phobya DC12-220/EK DCP 2.2. You may want to search for a review for other opinions. These are not as highly regarded as Laing (MTBF and noise complaints for example), but many like them. Either Jingway has a higher head that the 750.

Last edited:
would it be more effective to just have the 360 rad cpu and gpu? leave out the second rad

I wouldn't call adding a pump easy. You never know if the gear works. You need to tear down and rebuild the loop. You need proper connections. You need to get a good fill on your Jingway so probably want that immediately after your "pump out" of the 750. You have to find a home in your case for new parts. But you should certainly have more head pressure and flow with the two pumps in series.

I bought Laing so only know about the others from what I read. The Jingway has been out for a while so whatever warts should be known. Skinnee tested them thoroughly. Do searches and read reviews to see if what any new problems are (usually noise and failure from what I read in the past).

The Alphacool is still new to me but they have already made a revision (the new one has the tachometer wire and the old one does not if you search). I am not 100% certain this pump will be a long-term winner like the Laing and Jingway OEM. Maybe Alphacool still needs to fix it. As a test fanatic, it bothers me that I cannot find pressure/flow curves. The listed specs don't show more head pressure than the Jingway or flow than the XSPC. What their PSI is at .5 gpm is unknown to me so we are not certain it will provide redundancy even if it works as directed.

Because of this, my opinion would be to list the Alphacool as a #3 choice behind the Jingway as #2 and Laing as #1. Take your time and keep it fun. :)

Back