• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Issue CF 7970 OC. CF options dissapear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anhikilator

Hi Team,

As some may know, I'm a 6 months old not very happy new AMD graphics card user.

I've been having this issue with my crossfire options. As you can see in the attachment, on the left, you can see there are no CF options although HWinfo detects both cards.

Two days ago, I have the same issue and fixed cleaning up the driver and re-installing. CF options were back. Today I found the same issue.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something I can do to fix this?

I'm using the latest beta drivers 13.6 (6/7/2013) and the 13.5 CAP1 (5/22/2013).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if further information is needed to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Ank.

Attachments

• cf.PNG
    cf.PNG
    83.4 KB · Views: 61
Well, I can tell that when this happens, games run a bit slower so, when the issue is happening, CF is off, if I reinstall driver, CF is back but then, again, randomly, it will disappear.

Hmm... I wonder if the ULPS is preventing the second card from waking up? Try disabling ULPS (found in Afterburner or Trixx).

Have you tried other drivers?

Also, only one CF bridge is needed. ;)

Last edited:
I have only one bridge. I haven't tried other drivers because I can't find really a patterns. This is the second time this happens, last night after I posted, reinstalled the drivers, rebooted and cf options were back again.

I will try disabling the ULPS. Is it something I have to apply to both cards? Not very familiar with Afterburner.

Thanks,

Try the ULPS thing first (does it to both). If that doesnt work, then try WHQL drivers and not beta ones. They are beta for a reason.. perhaps this is one of them?

Will do, can you quickly tell me what am I doing when I disable upls? What do I win, what do I lose?

Thanks!

I would also look at the bridge, it could be on incorrectly. I had that issue with my 6970s last year where for some reason it wasn't making contact right it seemed. You could try powering off the pc and flipping the bridge around. Also like Supertrucker mentioned have you ran GPU-Z to see what its showing?

Well, I haven't tried with GPU-Z, but after reinstalling drivers and rebooting, CFX options are back so I discarded the hardware issues for now. Does it make sense?

I just disabled the ULPS through the registry and I'm gonna test it this way to see what happens.

Well, I would have tried one thing and not the other so you can confirm what change corrected it.

Well, I would have tried one thing and not the other so you can confirm what change corrected it.

Oh, give me more detail, the re-installation of the drivers is something I've done before, since this is the second time I'm having this issue so I discarded that the re-installation of the drivers fix the problem, but I needed it to be able to see the CF options again.

So my plan is, now with ULPS disabled check if the CFX options go away again. Does it sound like a good plan?

Back