• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win8 sound problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haxo512

Hello,
I am having problems with sound as it is really weird, sound itself is quite deep and silent but bass is loud and overall it sounds really bad.
My first idea was that it could be related to mic and playback, but everything seemed fine there, second was drivers and i did clean reinstall of realtek and my usb sound card drivers, but that didn't helped either.
I've been messing around with settings and drivers a lot but no result so far.
I will be thankful for any suggestions
If any additional info is needed please let me know

Thanks!

Edit: my headset seems to get recognized as speakers, that might be the issue, but how can i fix that?

Last edited:
Your headset shouldn't be interfering with it, but you can change the default device in the Sound control panel (Control Panel > Sound). Right click the one you want as the default and select "Set as default device".

sound.png

To troubleshoot the sound quality issue, right click the USB device and go to properties. Go to the "Enhancements" tab and check the box that says "Disable all sound effects", hit apply, and see if that helps. You may need to restart any programs that play audio for it to take affect.

Not sure if disabling all sound effects helped the issue since it disables everything that my usb sound card can offer and makes sound quality poor anyway.
What did helped was installing sound drivers in win7 compability mode, but quality still isn't as good as it was on win7.

UPDATE

Wanted to make an update to this post as this issue is still unsolved
In this video you can see what the problem is, first clip is recorded under windows 7 and second with windows 8

Have you made sure that Bass Boost is disabled? It should be under the enhancements tab in the "Sound" section of the Control Panel.

Im using usb sound card so i don't have such thing and even if using default audio ports front and back of pc, i still get same audio result and i have tried different settings there under sound

Back