• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need overclocking help for my GTX 780 SC ACX (memory overclock question)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

hey guys. ive had my 780 for about a week or so. i thought i would give overclocking a go and i dont seem to be having much luck with it.

i have the evga 780 sc acx. stock clockings are 967core 1502mem 1020boost

i just bumped up the core +100 so at 1067 now and everything else is at stock. works great. i thought well ill overclock the memory. i've read online that you should be able to add +200 to +400 to the memory easy. well i went all out and did +400 on the memory bringing it to 1702mhz. in games and or heaven benchmark it goes well but after say 10 minutes or if i start just manually going around the benchmark and toggle wire-frame or tessellation or whatever my game or benchmark will lock up then come back and my card will be back at stock clockings. Sometimes i get an pop up error saying there was a DirectX error or something. i dropped the memory to +200. same thing happenes. dropped it to +100 and still happens but may take a minute or more longer to happen.

power target is at 100 linked with temps. my temps ever go past 67C so it cant me that. i guess i didnt get samsung memory chips in my card :( i did not touch voltage.

whats a good overclock on stock voltages?

Need to increase power target and voltage bro. If you are going to OC that card you need to do both to get the OC that you want to do.

i noticed that my card NEVER goes past 90% power so i never touched power target. as for voltages. im afraid ill fry the card. whats a safe voltage? and whats a good overclock at stock voltages? so i have a base to kinda work off of

Back