• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is this laptop for small needs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

it's a Dell i15RV-1333BLK. i'll use it for school, internet browsing, and i'm hoping to squeeze minecraft out of it as well. specs:

Intel Core i3-3227U processor
1.90GHz, 3MB Cache

6GB DDR3 SDRAM

500GB SATA hard drive

15.6" Full HD widescreen display
Integrated Intel HD Graphics

2 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port

4-cell lithium-ion battery

OS is windows 8

so is it any good? it's $378. will i be able to play minecraft? also, in the price range of probably $400-$420 max, are there any better laptops than this? any help would be greatly appreciated

For the price, it is pretty good. It has an intel hd4000 igpu/ so it should be able to play Minexraft in 720p.

yeah, but all of the small ones are **** and can't do what i need. i found an acer with a celeron in it, and it was pretty slow, plus only 3GB RAM if i remember correctly. and HDD size was poor, 320GB. it might seem like a lot but for me it's not, especially since i'll have a lot of school stuff on it. i'll probably buy an external HDD no matter what i end up getting as far as HDD size

Buy a small(ish) SSD. You really don't want to be running a Windows OS off a HDD these days.

any cheap decent laptops that can hold an SSD? also never worked with those before so how do i install it?

any cheap decent laptops that can hold an SSD? also never worked with those before so how do i install it?

If the laptop comes with a 2.5" SATA drive, then any 2.5" SATA SSD should fit. Install it the same way you install any other hard drive.

Back