• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much is this laptop worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Hello again guys, another question for ya's. I have an Asus ROG GL551JW-ds71 and I was just wondering how much I could sell it for. Here are the specs.

Screen Size 15.6 inches
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
Max Screen Resolution 1920*1080 pixels
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM 16 GB DDR3
Memory Speed 1600 MHz
Hard Drive 16 GB flash_memory_solid_state
Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GTX960M 2G GDDR5
Chipset Brand nvidia
Card Description dedicated
Wireless Type 802.11 a/g/n
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 3
Other Technical Details
Brand Name Asus
Series Asus GL551JW
Item model number GL551JW-DS71
Operating System Windows 8.1
Item Weight 6 pounds
Product Dimensions 17.4 x 3.8 x 12.8 inches
Item Dimensions L x W x H 17.4 x 3.8 x 12.8 inches
Color Black
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Count 4
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 7200 RPM
Optical Drive Type DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
Voltage 19 volts
Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

I probably have only used it about 50 hours total. Seriously. I always use my desktop.
So if you guys have any questions, please ask. Thanks.

I'm going to take a stab at it since no one else has. Based on the main specs, with a 4th gen i7, 802.11n, DDR3 and HDD bringing the cost down. The discrete graphics, USB 3 and 16 GB RAM bringing the cost up. The fact that it is used brings the cost down even if it only has 50 hours of use. Used is used. Depending on the actual age of the machine, the battery may or may not be ready for replacement.

1080 screen res neither enhances the price nor lowers it in my opinion.

I see that this unit still retails for around $950+ but a newer replacement could be less.

I'm going to say $600-$650. Just my opinion based on the criteria listed above.

If you were to have added an 802.11ac (cheap) and a medium sized SSD (relatively cheap) you could get more leaving the battery as the only unknown.

$750, based on what its going for right now on eBay for one that is used or refurbished.

Back