• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel processor overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zombiland

I have 3rd gen intel i7 processor with 2 gb NVidia graphics card
I want to overclock my graphics card and processor tell m how can I do it
and if I do this any possibility of damages of my laptop

:welcome: to the forums.

I don't recommend overclocking on a laptop as they are generally created to only handle the thermal threshold of the CPU at stock speeds.

Depending on the cooling system, you could possibly over clock the GPU. I over clock my 555m all the time while gaming on my Alienware m14x r1. The cooling system handles it fine. Just know that dead laptop parts are significantly more expensive than desktop parts.

Also, unless you have a 3rd gen xm processor (ie i7-3920xm, etc) you will not be able to over clock the CPU as it has a locked multiplier, and the second and third gen i series does not really tolerate a baseclock over clock (you can eek out a few MHz baseclock OC, but due to the way those chips work, you actually OC everything on the chip, which causes instability).

Back