• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 3770K FurMark and Prime95 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blyssed

Hello.

I am new here but have been somewhat active on a different overclocking forum for over 7 years. I have decided to switch this forum in hopes of people being interested in more than only de-liding and haswell chips. Anyway, to my question. I have a "stable" overclock of 4.3GHz (Prime95 12hours). I noticed some trouble in Battlefield 3 after about an hour of playing so I decided to test for stability with Prime95 and FurMark at the same time. So far, I cannot get my system stable while running these two programs at the same time. I don't blue screen or crash, but some of the Prime95 workers stop rounding correctly and fail. Any opinion on this? I have lowered my clock to 4.1GHz and raised the voltage a bit but it still fails within 15 minutes. Thank you for your time!

Gotta provide screen shots of cpu-z all tabs and temps would be helpful.

Welcome to OCF!

Thanks! Here is the screenshot.
http://blysshosting.com/43at.png
43at.png

Core temps are a problem. Stability is lost past 80c

Sorry to say you just need to seek better cooling. Then it'll get stable for you.

Back