• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlock voltage help... Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peanutbudder

Hey guys,

So, I bought my Asus HD7970 DC2 a few months ago and have been wanting to push it hard to find max stable clocks for gaming/benching since I only paid $259 :) I tried several settings using Msi AfterBurner, trixx, and Asus Gpu tewak but the core voltage is locked at a maximum of 1170mv. I know that this card will do higher voltage with it's stock cooling solution because even at 1107mhz I never top 60c with fans set to 40%.

Asus HD7970 DirectCU 2
Bios: 015.023.000.002.000000

Max settings:

Benching
1107mhz core
1.170mv
1450mhz memory
?mv
10,196P in 3dMark 11.

Gaming
1070mhz core
1.150mv
1425mhz memory
?mv

I have read a little bit about Asus OC panel and VGA hotwire but have found no information on how to install it or how it all works. Everything in my sig is current and I would like to push the GPU harder for benching scores. My card has all of the hotwire points labeled but that doesn't help a noob like myself with hard modding this card.

Can someone give me insight on how to unlock the voltage?

Or send me a link of how to hotwire my Asus HD7970 DC2 (non-top) edition?

I do plan on buying the OC panel in early December, so this isn't a rush thing for me but I would like some more information before I pull the trigger.

Thank you,
matt

You will probably have to flash the BIOS to do that with a version that allows volt modding.

Back