• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hamachi Issues! Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alphazak

A friend and I have been attempting to play a game titled, "Risk of Rain". All that seems to happen, though, is that when either of us tries to join the other we get an error saying "Failed to Connect". After a while of this, we decided to check if our respective hamachis were running correctly. We both pinged each other and got the "timed out" thing. I also went to other forums and stalked them for a while and decided to ping using cmd. It said to ping 127.0.0.1, then your own hamachi IP, then your friends. We both got responses when pinging our own ip's, both hamachi and not, but when pinging each others hamachi ip's, we got no response. Help is appreciated.
PS. I am able to host and he is able to join when we play Cube World, but I cannot join him when he hosts.
PPS. Our game ports are open, yet they still say closed in the host game menu of Risk of Rain.

For kickers, turn off windows firewall temporarily to see if that helps any. if it works then that means you need to tell windows firewall to allow the game through.

Make sure your Windows Firewall has the game listed and both Private and Public is checked. I regularly am not able to host games even in my own game because I forget to check here. Just had to for Tom Clancy's HAWX the other night actually.

Also, another good alternative is to use Tunngle.

Back