• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help to OC my 4930K CPU??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

I have stable OC @ 4400Mhz and set in the Bios Profiles, but right now i am trying for 4600Mhz. Got as far as Booting into windows and i am using it now while i type this, but everytime i try P95 it Blue Screens on me!! :attn:

I keep adding small steps to the Vcore but its not the same as my other CPU's they would be stable after a while. :shrug:

So how much Vcore can i go on this 4930K as i am already @ 1.45v!! Or is it i have a bad chip that will not go past 4400Mhz and that is as far as i can go??:shrug::shrug: :confused:

Please kindly help regards,

AJ.

See if these 4.5GHz settings for a 4930K on a Rampage IV Formula help at all on your P9X79...

Code:
XMP profile: Enabled
CPU ratio: 45
CPU voltage: 1.3v
CPU PLL: 1.8v
CPU VCCSA and VTT CPU: 1.1v

CPU LLC: Medium
CPU Current Capability: 120%-130% 
VCCSA LLC: Regular
VCCSA Current Capability: 120%
DRAM-AB/CD Current Capability: 120%
DRAM-AB/CD Phase Control: Optimized
VRM Over Temperature Protection: Disabled
CPU Power Phase Control: Optimized
CPU Power Duty Control: T.Probe

Thanks redduc buddy been working on it all day today, tuning and then fine tuning the Bios Profiles i have here. :attn:

So the good news i managed to reach 4500Mhz Stable, the bad news or down side is this CPU is a Miss PIGGY!!! It loves too much Vcore, so redduc buddy it very much looks i am Vcore Limited here sadly!! :eh?:

Profile 1, 4200Mhz 1.256v Core @ LLC HIGH With all the Cstates Off.

2, 4300Mhz 1.304v Core @ LLC Ultra High.

3, 4400Mhz 1.350v Core @ LLC Ultra High.

4. 4500Mhz 1.470v Core @ LLC Ultra High.

As for 4600Mhz is really hard to reach that i need to understand this Mobo and Bios and workout how if i can get that far, as you can see 1.5v is getting really high for this CPU. :attn: :eek:

Oh i forgot to say the Temps are fantastic even @ 4500Mhz they are Late 40's to Mid 50's here no problems at all. :thup:

Respectfully,

AJ

Up Date: Just tried the settings you posted redduc works really well, seems to more stable than before. Will look to see if i can reduce the Vcore on each profile without loosing stability, even if its just one click!! ;) :thup:

Many Thanks,

AJ.

A little bit of a change in some of the settings, but give these a try for 4.6GHz, and for 4.7GHz just change the Vcore to 1.37V...

Code:
CPU Load-Line Calibration (Ultra High)
CPU Current Capability: (130%)
CPU VCORE Boot Up Voltage(Auto)
VCCSA Load-line Calibration (High)
VCCSA Current Capability(120%)
CPU VCCSA Boot up Voltage(Auto)
CPU Voltage Frequency (Auto)
CPU Spread Spectrum(Disabled)
CPU Power Duty Control (T.Probe)
CPU Power Phase Control (Optimized)
DRAM-AB Current Capability (120%)
DRAM-AB Voltage Frequency (Auto)
DRAM-AB Power Phase Control (Optimized)
DRAM-CD Current Capability(120%)
DRAM-CD Voltage Frequency (Auto)
DRAM-CD Power Phase Control(Optimized)

(All other settings set to AUTO)

CPU VCORE Voltage (Manual Mode)
CPU VCORE Offset Voltage(1.340)
CPU VCCSA Voltage (Manual Mode)
CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage(1.300)
CPU PLL Voltage(Auto)
VTTCPU Voltage(1.10000)

(All other settings set to AUTO)

Will do and thanks for your time and help, will try these over the next few day's as the Boss here has other idea's lol!! Redduc i get back to you, so just keep checking this thread and we will see if we can squeeze some more out of Miss Piggy.

Edit and update: Been trying my little heart out to get this CPU to overclock but it just will not behave. Did all the settings that Redduc said but had to use my Vcore as this chip is a Miss Piggy.
For all the time i have been Overclocking never had a CPU like this one, it will not go beyond 4600Mhz. I had to use the Strap to get it to that and fairly Stable as well, but what i try to do after that it crashes big time.

So i think its a case of be greatful for what you have got and just kinda accept the fact!!

Respectfully,

AJ.

Last edited:
One tip... use 2 cores only for Spi, pifast, 3DM01, 03, 05 , max cpu clock and all other tests that are using 1 thread. You can probably hit 5GHz or more on 2 cores keeping about the same voltage as for 6 cores.
My 4930K can make ~5.2-5.3GHz max on 6 cores but up to 5.75GHz on 2 cores.

Thanks Woomack my friend, i have made some great progress over the last day or so!! :) :thup:

Found out that it was my fault and Not Miss Piggy's here lol, a classic case of too much LLC!! When i lower it down to High it works a lot better and the Vcore becomes better allowing you to adjust it. Without going too high and hitting the limit or Red Lights in the Bios. :eek: :eh?:

Its just this P9X79 PRO VRM's are much better built and more efficient than your average board. As the say on the TIN here Digi 3 on VRM+RAM. :thup:

So now after lowering the LLC and resetting the Vcore its much better than before and tested with P95. And all set to go been doing some Benchmarks here and i am more than pleased with the results. :salute: :popcorn:

Now up my score into the 80's already without even trying to hard yet, and thanks for the TIP i will give that a try out soon. :cool: :clap:

Respectfully,

AJ.

Back