• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trading up from a 7970?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knufire

So just looking around, it seems like the street price for AMD cards has skyrocketed...mining related?

It's made me consider selling off my 7970 and stepping up to a 780. I've sort of been completely out of the scene in the past few months (first semester at college), so I'm not sure how far away the new NVIDIA generation is or whether it's worth waiting for or not.

Seems like for a 7970GHz with a nice aftermarket cooler, I could grab around $400 on Ebay. Used 780s seem to fall in the $450 range. Worth it?

If you don't get burned by a bad buyer on eBay its totally worth it. But all the stories I've read about how eBay always sides with the buyer has stopped me from selling my 7950s at these silly inflated prices.

you also have to take into consideration shipping and fees. It'd probably cost you close to $20 to ship and Ebay takes a 13% take so if you sold for $400 you'll end up with $328

Back