• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best choice for a budget casual gaming PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

My brother has 125$. Im trying to build him a computer, but am only buying the motherboard and processor tomorrow at Micro center.

http://www.microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx

I could get one of the new ones, but i dont know much about them..

What do you think the best deal would be on this list??

Im looking to play CS:GO, maybe battlefield 4(medium or low settings is fine)
and elder scrolls online(i think thats what the new one is called)..
but 90% of gaming will be counterstrike.. So that wont be much of an issue.

What Processor and free combo would be the best bet. at the end of the build, i only want to to have spent 275$. But tomorrow we only have 125$ and are gonna get what we can. Which processor and free motherboard would you guys recommend from this link?

http://www.microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx

And also, how do you think those new APU processors will perform on CS:GO?
that is the most important thing about this computer.

thank you for your time and ALLLL the feedback i get would be greatttly appreciated.

and a cheap video card, if you guys could link one from somewhere that will play CS:go at a high framerate on low ( i know it doesnt take tooo much because we get 50-75 fps on an intel hd card with an i3. how are those new radeons? and how far will i get if i grab one of the new AMDS?

MicroCenter was giving me crap for results when trying to see a couple of those bundles.

1. I would say this. Get a bundle with an FM2+ mobo not just FM2. Newer cpus coming will ONLY fit in the FM2+ board.

2. If I had EVEN the faintest notion of pushing up the cpu Speed I would make sure I got a decent mobo with the A88X chipset. That is the top of the line chipset for the APUs now and most of the boards built with that chipset just seem to be more refined.

3. I would certainly go for the 6800K but no less than the 6600K if you have to drop to try and make a price point. $125.00 looking at the prices I am seeing at your link and clicking on the "bundle" are not going to get you much computer am afraid.
RGone...

the motherboard doesnt matter to me. I have a 20 dollar 760 g motherboard on an fx 6300 and i play battlefield 4 on high. the ONLY thing that will be being done on this thing is playing counterstrike GO. you would put these processors up against an FX 6300?

You have to understand that this computer is going to an ILLITERATE person. I need counterstrike GO to run at 150 FPS on low, and the new Skyrim that is coming out.. nothing else. if the graphics are too bad, ill get a cheap gtx 560 off craigs list. you honestly think with a 560, that motherboard wouldnt be able to play battlefield on low and CSGO/Skyrim?

If some others could put in some ideas, it would be greatly apreciated.

Also, i could get the fx6300 or fx 4130 to save cash. would one of the AM3+ free motherboards be a better option? because like i said, i play battlefield 4 on a biostar 760G flawlessly. Hell my motherboard doesnt even alow my processor to superclock from 3.5 to 4 ghz. still runs great.

if you have to drop to try and make a price point. $125.00 looking at the prices I am seeing at your link and clicking on the "bundle" are not going to get you much computer am afraid.
RGone...

Im confused on what this meant

Back