• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Upgrade maybe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nofear187

Registered
I got a new PC last Sept 2013, a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ SATA3 USB3.0 AMD FX-4130 AM3+ 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE but I am still using the old memory i got from my last amd PC ( 16 gigs total, 2 Patriot Gamer 2 4GB DDR3 PC10666 and 2 ADATA PREMIER SERIES 4GB DDR3 1333 mhz) if I replace this RAM with say something like Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GB Desktop Memory Module - DDR3, 1600MHz, PC3-12800, 16 gigs of it would their be any real performance speed boost over what the RAM I have now? just wondering thanks in advance
& happy new year !

:thup:

There would be a slightly noticeable difference over your current configuration. Also, I have never seen anyone mix RAM brands like that...probably not the best idea...doesn't sound like a good idea anyways.

this was the RAM i had "left over" from another PC, an AMD bare bones build I got from
tiger direct that i put together like about 3 or 4 yrs ago and then some
( just had the ram left over so in it went, that's why it don't match up)

Back