• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone done business with "IPS LED Monitors?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Curious as I have never heard of it. I began my day today thinking of 3 screen setup. As of this moment I am thinking of a large screen 27, 30 inches and a 2560-1440 resolution and staying with a single screen for now and using my 27 1920-1080 screen for non game use.

I was poking around and came upon these folks, nice site and very liberal return policy's. Seems very nice so I ask if any have heard of them or dealt with them as I don't like being the sacrificial lamb :D

main page

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/

return policy's

https://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Articles.asp?ID=3

Last edited:
I created an account and I really like the look of some of these. I have no idea what kind of quality Yamasaki and Crossover and etc have. They sure do look good though.

If anyone has any of these screens let me know how you like them etc or have used this company to buy from. I have signed up for newsletter etc. I have 3-4 days before I buy when my tax return hits my account.

What I would like is a nice monitor, budget rage 400-600 or just a little more. I prefer glossy to Matte screen. Don't need speakers but it's not a deal killer. 27" is fine the only 30" i see in there is only 1920/1080 so no dice. The ability to spin to portrait view is nice also in case of more screens in near future.

They have the Yamasaki DS270 SE at Amazon for 368 and it's 399 on this site but thats the only Yamasaki they have on Amazon, Going to check the rest LOL :D

WOW ! I found a Crossover 30" but it's 2560x1600 is the 1600 going to make a difference ? also this screen is on amazon for 679. [dumb and dumber] I like it alot :D

Sorry doing alot of editing here so it will seem "all over the map" The screens at Amazon of the same model and such are not from Amazon but look to be shipping from Korea and I know many of you have gotten your monitors from Korea. Thats not an issue for me however doing some reading on there (amazon) is said 5 dead pixels is not a cause for return, here is the clip from product description. this makes me look back to the site I started this thread about. ipsledmonitors.com I don't mind paying more if I can return it for 5 dead pixels as I really don't want 5 dead pixels.

Please check out before buying.
- Only for PC monitor (Dual-link DVI-D)
- YAMAKASI DS270 IPS SE Defective standard (up to 5 white pixels are normal)
- By-Pass model (No Ad board in monitor - Monitor use graphic card resource)
- PC graphic board should surport DVI-D(Dual link DVI)
- On-board graphic card can not support WQHD.
- PC graphic card should surport WQHD(2560x1440)

Ok, Im getting my education as I go, Im sorry now I posted this thread. LOL I have seen much info on this since I began today. Also Learned about the whole dead pixel thing and the "Perfect Pixel" models etc.

At this point all my questions are answered and I don't need any input of course since it's here and you have experience good or bad with any of these company's please chime in by all means. This thread title should be changed to "my 1 day education" LOL I have found all the same models in many places now also. I feel stupid :D

Last edited:
I will probably find this out as soon as I post this but... Do these Korean monitors come with any cables ? doesn't look like they do. Also see some conventional means of hooking them up only support 1920-1080

what cable do I need to get to 2560-1440 ? Display port I suppose would be easiest no ? Can I get to 2560 with the HDMI cable alone in Win 7 or 8 ? Did not understand there explanation (yet) :D

Ok after 3 responses from me and 37 edits I now have my understanding of what I will get and what I need to do, It took me about 3-4 hours of internet study and browsing. I would delete this but it can now stand as a diary of my journey into imported monitors. It took me so long cus I had dinner and did some other stuff while doing the research. LOL Over and Out !

Last edited:
I ordered a Qnix 27in off of ebay, and while I believe that it came with a Dual-Link DVI cable, I just ordered a few off of monoprice. I went with a bigger gauge just to be safe.

Buying sight unseen came seem scary at first, but I'm really happy with my Korean IPS. Hope that everything went well for you :)

My catleap came with a dual link dvi cable, and I've been using it for almost two years now. Fantastic monitor, still no dead or stuck pixels for me and a minimum of backlight bleed.

They seem mostly reputable, though some minutes of Google suggests that the company operating the site is just a giant middleman (and not focused on computer hardware, so beware of possible issues if you need support), and provides no added value over getting one from a known-reliable eBay seller where you can at least rely on eBay and PayPal somewhat (who are both known to be ludicrously biased in favor of buyers).

Back